Thread: MLW FDL16 sounds problem

Default MLW FDL16 sounds problem

I have just downloaded the MLW 7FDL sounds off the F/L, read the instructions, and was going to realias the default Dash 9 sounds. I put the folders in the Common.Snd, then the sound folder in the DASH9 folder, deleted the default ones in there, went to the readme, copied the exterior and interior files and now, the prime mover sounds are there, but the horn won't sound, and the bell does the weirdest thing. It sounds normal inside, but it sounds like a gong on the outside. Also, the lever sounds don't play. Where did I go wrong?
    Last edited by 1997BNSF; 08-09-2012 at 09:32 PM.
    Open Rails: The Future Of Train Simulators!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1997BNSF View Post
    I have just downloaded the MLW 7FDL sounds off the F/L, read the instructions, and was going to realias the default Dash 9 sounds. I put the folders in the Common.Snd, then the sound folder in the DASH9 folder, deleted the default ones in there, went to the readme, copied the exterior and interior files and now, the prime mover sounds are there, but the horn won't sound, and the bell does the weirdest thing. It sounds normal inside, but it sounds like a gong on the outside. Also, the lever sounds don't play. Where did I go wrong?
    And you have just screwed up the sound for all the ENGs that are aliased to the DASH9.
    Charles

When you went to the readme it's a shame you didn't read it. There should be another folder with that download that has the horns.
    Cliff Gray

Nice to live within an hour from Horseshoe curve and Sandpatch

The horns are in the MLW.Horns folder in the Common.Sound folder. Open the .sms files with notepad and realias every single sound file-there's nothing else you can do...
    Writer and Wolverine, among other things.
    Interested in railroad stories? Check out the Fiction vault:
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...82#post1882582

Quote Originally Posted by 1997BNSF View Post
    First mistake: You didn't go to the README FIRST and READ IT!
    Second mistake: You DELETED the dash-9 sounds (for what freakin reason I don't know) without making a back-up copy of them! And as Charles said, you screwed up the sound on ANY other locomotive using them! (That IS NOT in the directions!)
    Third mistake: NEVER, NEVER delete files without making a BACK-UP!
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

Well, on the contrary, I DID read the readme, and I CERTAINLY made a back-up even BEFORE I did anything to it! Did you guys even see the part in the first post, "read the instructions"?
    Open Rails: The Future Of Train Simulators!!!