Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: First impressions of Run8

I love how they just banned people over there.. Forget it i will not support this sim

Like us on Facebook BN Productions and on youtube to see train simulator videos.
    https://www.facebook.com/BNProuctions/ https://www.youtube.com/c/BNSF650

Quote Originally Posted by BNSF650 View Post
    I love how they just banned people over there.. Forget it i will not support this sim
    Why is that post even constructive?

People were banned because they got three strikes or had a personal feud. No one was banned without three strikes or got mouthy about the ban with the moderator.

Who cares whether you are going to buy Run8? Your signature sums up your feelings.

Harold

* Nevermind *
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

cvo2010 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    * Nevermind *

Oh, yeah, it isn't high-def, it is designed to run best at 1280x1024.

Harold

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hminky View Post
    Oh, yeah, it isn't high-def, it is designed to run best at 1280x1024.

Harold
    Check your monitor settings. I can run this at 1920 x 1080, and it looks fantastic.

I have more thoughts, but I need to get to work. Be sure to listen and call in to today's Let's Talk Trains show at 4PM Eastern:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/letstalktrains
    Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show

Just watching the videos, and seeing the screen shots. Run8 Truly looks like a mixture of MSTS stuff and Railworks Stuff. Specially the locomotives being RW, and the route having their MSTS detailing...

Quote Originally Posted by Train-a-Mania View Post
    Check your monitor settings. I can run this at 1920 x 1080, and it looks fantastic.
    I was running at 1920x1200 on a 28" monitor.

But then fantastic means different things to different people. It is really subjective.

Harold

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by PORU333 View Post
    Just watching the videos, and seeing the screen shots. Run8 Truly looks like a mixture of MSTS stuff and Railworks Stuff. Specially the locomotives being RW, and the route having their MSTS detailing...
    Run8 looks like MSTS. The equipment looks like good MSTS and the route like MSTS.
    Last edited by hminky; 08-25-2012 at 12:02 PM.

10. Default

I bought Run8 to see if it was possible to do switching operations. Finally got a single locomotive to move but the viewing perspectives make switching impossible and the interface is too cluttered.

Run8 is basically a train-running a to b multi-player sit-in-the-cab sim, but that is what they advertised.

Harold
    It is possible to do switching, but I found that it was best to get used to how trains handle and behave first.

Also, it's much easier if you have a conductor helping you out.

Playing around with a game for 2 hours usually is enough to determine whether it is applicable.

I am not saying the Run8 is good or bad. It just doesn't do what I want. No sense hanging around whining "why don't the fix this or that".

A game is what it is at the initial release.
    I disagree with that assessment. I've found that it takes a long time to fully learn what a program can do and is capable of doing. For example, it was years of playing MSTS before I learned about the yard cam, and MSTS is certainly not "what it was" at its release in 2001.
    Last edited by Train-a-Mania; 08-25-2012 at 12:41 PM.
    Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show