Thread: MSTS on a Mac?

Question MSTS on a Mac?

What do you need to instal MSTS on a iMac and MacBook? It would help because the only other thing that can use is a Vaio and I want a desktop to run it. I might set up another computer for it, but it would take hours to find everything to set it up for. Thanks for the help in advance!
    BigBoy10,
    A musician, trainiac, Pokefan, and student.
    Currently working on getting MSTS up and running again
    TS17, Trainz 12, and model railroader.

You need Bootcamp to run Windows on the Mac. This requires partitioning your hard drive first, then installing bootcamp on one of the partitions. I do it using XP and have had no problems whatsoever.
    Christer
    Formerly MP 31.3 CN Oakville Sub

As said by Christer and I can confirm it runs awesome on Windows 7 as well!
    Cheers,
    Sebastian

I'm running Trainz TS2010 on a MacBook using Windows 7 in a boot camp partition. (Not MSTS, but the same basic idea) There are emulation options (Parallels and I don't recall the other one off of the top of my head), but these programs use way too much overhead. Using a much earlier version of Trainz, things stuttered too much and it was just waaaay too slow. You've got to run it directly under boot camp.

For best results, make sure your Mac has an ATI/AMD or nVidia graphics chip, and it's active. Some Macs use Intel video chipsets as a cost-cutter, just like other PC products. Newer ones won't utilize the advanced video chipset unless you make sure your performance and power options in the Windows partition are cranked up for max performance -- otherwise it may idle along on the power-saving Intel on-chip video that's also on the board.

MSTS-Roundhouse

With Open Rails and ZDSimulator
    Info