Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Hows Yalls Performance?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Freeburn, KY
    Posts
    19

    Default Hows Yalls Performance?

    How this game doin on your machines? How about multiplay? My specs are in my signature Id say Id probably run it just fine but I wanted to make sure.

    P.S Im thinkin of buyin my buddys P3 900mhz but I shouldnt rub it in.

  2. #2

    Default

    I hate to say it, but 900 MHz processor is not that powerful these days, even for MSTS. 300 is pretty low. To give a comparison, my CPU is a 3.2 GHz quad core processor.

    If you're going to buy a computer, buy a brand new one or build your own. You'll definitely need one more powerful than 300 or 900 MHz to run any other sim besides MSTS.
    Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Freeburn, KY
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Well my buddy was gonna give me a pretty good deal on it Nick. He said hed take 175 for it but Id have to pay extra for his 17" crt gateway monitor boy with that I bet that train would be jumpin out at me. I got my walmart gift card so maybe Ill look into gitin one up there. You said yours is 3.2 but mine is 300? 300 is more than 3.2 but who knows maybe they do things backwards everywhere else kind of like australia toilets go backwards and all that.

    Id still be interested on hearing performance for once other than looks.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Yakima WA / London UK
    Posts
    274

    Default

    What you could do is plug the pc directly into a high voltage connector like they use for power tools.. that may help the performance..

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Freeburn, KY
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidestep View Post
    What you could do is plug the pc directly into a high voltage connector like they use for power tools.. that may help the performance..
    go ahead and do that and let me know how it works first. I took electrition class in vo-tech

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyDale View Post
    Well my buddy was gonna give me a pretty good deal on it Nick. He said hed take 175 for it but Id have to pay extra for his 17" crt gateway monitor boy with that I bet that train would be jumpin out at me. I got my walmart gift card so maybe Ill look into gitin one up there. You said yours is 3.2 but mine is 300? 300 is more than 3.2 but who knows maybe they do things backwards everywhere else kind of like australia toilets go backwards and all that.

    Id still be interested on hearing performance for once other than looks.
    He said 3.2 Ghz that is over 1,000 times faster than a 300 Mhz processor. I am surprised it or any other current game runs on your computer.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Freeburn, KY
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Ok I wont dispute what you say but Id still like to keep this on topic and about run8 performance. At the moment I can run train simulator and man shes a beaut she runs smooth as silk. As soon as I make my monthly rounds collecting money from the local gas stations for selling my mill worms and night crawlers Im buyin this sucker to but Id still like to know how well it performs.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Bridgeview, Illinois
    Posts
    5,230

    Default

    Just curious, what OS are your running on your little desktop? XP, ME, or Win98? My old Dell with P-4 died 2 years ago and I bought it new in 2002.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [URL="https://www.facebook.com/ken.plaza.9"]My Facebook Page
    [/URL][URL="http://jeffreywimberly.proboards.com/"]Rails of the World Forum
    [/URL][URL="http://frankoburns.proboards.com/"]Mophouse-MLTDownloads Froum[/URL]

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bnsf1959 View Post
    Just curious, what OS are your running on your little desktop? XP, ME, or Win98? My old Dell with P-4 died 2 years ago and I bought it new in 2002.
    You left out Windows 95.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Bridgeview, Illinois
    Posts
    5,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobsk8 View Post
    you left out windows 95.
    Opps!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [URL="https://www.facebook.com/ken.plaza.9"]My Facebook Page
    [/URL][URL="http://jeffreywimberly.proboards.com/"]Rails of the World Forum
    [/URL][URL="http://frankoburns.proboards.com/"]Mophouse-MLTDownloads Froum[/URL]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->