Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installme.bat HELP

Smile Installme.bat HELP

I have been trying to install the Lehigh route. When I run the installme.bat file I get 0 files copied. I have also tried to run as Administrator and still get the same results. In the past the installme.bat file has worked fine. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Read-only maybe?
    Regards,

Eric

Are you running Windows 7? Do you have Trainstore installed and if so, did you unstore everything? Are your 6 default routes present? For crying out loud, if you want help, then provide some more decriptive and specific info on the enviroment your MSTS is operating in! We aren't here to play guessing games, which is all we can do if you don't provide these things!
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...SKING-FOR-HELP
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

Yes Frank, he's running Windows 7. Or possibly Vista, but he would have noted that. He said so himself by saying he's running as administrator.

At this point I think it's reasonable to assume someone is running Wiindows 7 unless otherwise specified.

Jack, I had the same problem and found a solution here. If you search, or go to my profile here and search for messages I started you should find some hints. It might well be a permissions problem. Did you follow the special instructions for installing msts on Windows 7? (There's a good tutorial on steam4me.net). Even if you did, there could be a mistake in the process here that is preventing the bat file from working if it's not got the proper permissions.

At least once I had to open up the .bat file (I forget how I did it, but it's documented on these forums) and copy the whole thing into the command line. That worked, but was not simple.

Christopher

Sorry for leaving the following information out. I am running W7 Pro and have the MSTS installed on a seperate hard drive of 698GB

External hard drive? How attached?
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

This is an internal hard drive with a letter E;

The batch file target folders must have full write permissions enabled. They should be OK seeing as they are on drive E, but worth a check anyway.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

I have checked the batch file and it has full write permissin enabled. I have run as Administrator and regular and I still get "0 files copied" I am at a loss as to what to do?

I, know you are running win7 but in vista I have to turn user account control off and reboot before I can run installme.bat files.
    hope this helps
    colin