Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Undergrowth splines

Default Undergrowth splines

Coming soon, six reskins of David Drake's undergrowth6 spline. Undergrowth is important because real forests don't have grass manicured like a golf course under the trees or just outside the treeline.

To my eye this looks more realistic;

Along the right of way, monocolor;

After mixing with some of the cloned reskins;

Will these be on the DLS, Jim? If so can you post the KUID(s). Route I'm working on at present has a fair measure of forest area but like you say, woodland floor is anything but smooth and grassy. Most of the existing ground cover splines don't look good in TS12 (the dreaded alpha issue) so hopefully these will do the trick.

Eventually, ran into a snag with them but thanks to clam1952;

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showt...g-shiny-planes

I got six almost ready for the DLS.

Testing in TS12 (these are 2.9 build so will work in 2009, 2010, and 12), imported with no errors. Ingame shot;

Thinking a is a bit dark, but rather than lightening I should just clone again and lighten the clone. b and e are sort of dry brush, what I'll probably do is move b to f and make f become g, lighter clone of a becomes b, maybe a lighter clone of the g formerly known as f as h? That would be 8 weeds, 9 including the original, don't wanna get carried away with this since there's no Agent Orange commodity in Trainz.

Cool Ocho!

Okay, ended up with 8 of them, mixed and overlapped should be enough for most scenery. Uploaded just now, should be on the DLS in 24 hours or 24 days depending on how slow the 'bot is working.

undergrowth_6a,<kuid:522774:100597>
    undergrowth_6b,<kuid:522774:100602>
    undergrowth_6c,<kuid:522774:100603>
    undergrowth_6d,<kuid:522774:100604>
    undergrowth_6e,<kuid:522774:100615>
    undergrowth_6f,<kuid:522774:100613>
    undergrowth_6g,<kuid:522774:100686>
    undergrowth_6h,<kuid:522774:100687>

Huh? Whadd'ya mean you want screenshots, where do you think we are, the screenshot forum?! Oh, wait...

Unedited other than cropping with default OpenGL gamma settings against different terrain textures. Depending on whether the user wants them to stand out or blend in, he'll need to choose the appropriate grass color. Should also mention, these are free to clone and reskin, as long as DMDrake continues to get credit for the original.

Looks all good from the screenshots, I'll keep an eye on the DLS (when it's working ) and go back through the route to do a retrofit.

Looks good. I will use them. Thanks.

Might wanna clone your route and do some destructive testing on the clone, I haven't experimented to find out what effect these will have on framerates when an entire route is infested with them yet.

Finally got round to downloading and very good they are. Too late for the Mount Hood route (which now resides in the file library here as the DLS still won't accept my uploads). However my new project is a pseudo-Swedish route so mostly forest and it is going in very nicely.

Feel free to clone and reskin for any texture that suits your fancy, just credit Dave Drake for the original mesh and it's kosher. Wuffo the DLS won't take your uploads? I've been saving to CDP and using the https://www.auran.com//planetauran/l...LoginRevisit=0 upload page, using standard upload instead of preview, haven't had any kickbacks this year. You forgetting to click the I agree button on the EULA or something?