Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Multiplayer Disptacher Window

Default Multiplayer Disptacher Window

The following is the updated disptacher window, showing avatars (can pick one and kick out), all lines with switches, all signals (green, red and orange). If one is a dispatcher (server), he/she can click a switch to throw it, or click a signal to change it, or fly to see a switch in the game.

dispacher.jpg

Wow you mean the OR team has changed plans to include dispatching in the next release?

Yes. It is implemented to some extend now. The dispatcher can select a signal (or a switch), press Ctrl-G (or Alt-G), and it will change it. Also it has an option to allow/disallow normal users to switch (G/shift-G). A free roam option is added so that one can pick a switch and fly to there and watch it.

The kicking feature is implemented so some order (or disorder, depends on who is in control) can be imposed.

A user can select an avatar from a URL (not from a local file for safety reason).

Cool. Things keep sounding better and better with what the OR team has been in the efforts of making us happy and is becoming well worth the wait. But one question regarding the dispatch system is will trains going over misaligned switches go on the ground if not lined properly for there movement?

They didn't change plans -- the work on the dispatcher display and multiplayer seems to have been underway well before Run8 was released.

re: misaligned switches... It would be nice if we had an option to treat them as a spring switch...

Can you attach a larger screenshot?
    Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show

Not interested in MP in any train game.

But i fully support and applaud the OR team for getting it implemented.

For me, the dispatcher screen is worth more than MP. Lining up a complex switching move in a yard isn't something a dispatcher would normally do, but this screen would allow for that without having to create a bunch of activity paths. It will also allow some mimicking of an interlocking tower operator.

Knowing that there are tasteless jokes just waiting to happen, I can easily see running a MP session with myself -- one laptop operating the switches (perhaps throwing it up on the laptop projector like they have at the NOC?...) and the other running the cab view.

That's what I have been doing for quite a while: running several sessions against myself.

Never thought of that, sounds interesting.