Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Washington & Old Dominion

Default equipment and screen shots

I've posted some more screen shots of the route at http://www.stevedunham.50megs.com/WODmstspix.html

I expect to have the route ready for beta testing in early spring.

I repainted the parade square Mesaba no. 10 for W&OD, but it's hardly an accurate model of a W&OD car. It looks kind of right to me from the front, but it's not double ended.

Fleegle and Dustin, you mentioned modeling some W&OD equipment? If you're still willing, it would be great to have it this winter.

Steve
    Steve Dunham
    Alexandria, VA
    www.stevedunham.50megs.com

This is awesome! You've done a really nice job! I am looking forward to this.

I went and bought Herb Harwood's book in preparation!

Christopher

Steve
    Looks great !

Quote Originally Posted by Literalman View Post
    I've posted some more screen shots of the route at http://www.stevedunham.50megs.com/WODmstspix.html

I expect to have the route ready for beta testing in early spring.

I repainted the parade square Mesaba no. 10 for W&OD, but it's hardly an accurate model of a W&OD car. It looks kind of right to me from the front, but it's not double ended.

Fleegle and Dustin, you mentioned modeling some W&OD equipment? If you're still willing, it would be great to have it this winter.

Steve
    Sorry for the late reply. I'll have to try and find my repaint of Dick Cowen's 44 tonner and send it to you.

Steve, I really have to hand it to you. You've done an OUTSTANDING job recreating the old W&OD. Me being from Sterling and seeing the old railroad now turned bike trail I'm really impressed how Loudoun County is portrayed as open farm land and in some places it still is. Keep up the good work and I for one, wait eagerly for its release.
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic75077_5.gif
    Cory Duguid
    US NAVY

Besides buying Herb Harwood's and David Guillaudeu's books, I got the video From Alexandria to the Blue Ridge from the Northern Virginia Parks Authority and looked online for old photos. In some places I attempted to simulate actual scenes, and in many others I just guessed what things might have looked like. I read that circa 1930 even a lot of Arlington County was still farms. I'm adding interactive objects; then I'll create and test activities. I hope to have the line ready for beta testing by the end of March. Since Chuck is updating the RF&P, my next planned project will be what the W&OD might have been if one of its predecessors had been built into West Virginia as planned. If it had gotten over the Blue Ridge to Berryville and Winchester, it might have been built on the alignment of today's Winchester and Western, so I plan to incorporate the W&W, have the unelectrified W&OD from Bluemont east, and have the never-built line to Piedmont, WV, beyond the Winchester & Western trackage. So it will be three lines in one, set around the time of transition from steam to diesel.
    Steve Dunham
    Alexandria, VA

I uploaded my 44-tonner to the file library.

I asked Paul Charland if he would consider repainting the Cornwall Street Railway 50-tonners into W&OD colors. (One of the Cornwall 50-tonners came from the W&OD.) He not only said yes, he repainted two of them and a doodlebug, and he's working on a model of W&OD 26, a quirky freight motor with round ends and portholes that was built using a boxcar body.

Thank you, Paul!
    Steve Dunham
    Alexandria, VA

And thanks to Dustin Raiken for the lovely W&OD 44-tonner he already uploaded to the file library. I will make use of all these models in creating activities, which I expect to begin later this week.
    Steve Dunham
    Alexandria, VA

Anybody working on a W&OD 70 Tonner?