Thread: Creating consists

Default Creating consists

hi,

Does anyone know how to make special consist's other than the Basic Default Consists that come with the simulator?

Thanks
    Paul Jansson

If in solo play, start in the Summer or Fall sessions and create your own in one of the yards.
    But you won't be able to save that particular consist, only the state-of-play.

If in multiplayer, I s'pose you do the same.

Bruce

Yep, all kinds of trains get put together in MP, just like in real life. After all, that's what yards are for.

what about where u actually build the cars u want, the only cars i have seen are like boxcars im wondering if u can build like a grain shuttle or an tank train (ie ethanol) not using the default stuff. Like u could build consists in route editor is msts

thanks
    Paul J

There is no consist editor. There are pre-defined consists which you can mutilate as much as you want. Apparently, a consist editor is "not realistic".

anyone planning on doing a multiplayer session tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    If in solo play, start in the Summer or Fall sessions and create your own in one of the yards.
    But you won't be able to save that particular consist, only the state-of-play.

If in multiplayer, I s'pose you do the same.

Bruce
    Bruce if in single player mode you build your own train with proper hp/t for tonnage and DPU's if required.Now in the Spwan TAB you name your train you've built and check the box My Train Only and this will save it.Then when going into a MP you can ask first to Spawn a train and location of it spawning.
    Work Safe play hard

Quote Originally Posted by westerngy View Post
    ....Then when going into a MP you can ask first to Spawn a train and location of it spawning.
    Yep......I understand that.
    But I don't think it works that way for SP.

Bruce

There is no consist editor.

here's what I did though if I want to spawn certain cars to add to my train.

1-Spawn a general merchandise train in a yard and break it down by car or groups of cars (I did groups of cars to make it easier)
    2-Then relinquish control of the Locomotive you used to break the train down.
    3-select a group of cars and save them by there self using the Shift F1 screen. For example I know one cut I have is 12 empty intermodal well cars, so I saved them as 12X-DTTX-WC. 12x being the number of cars, DTTX is of course the intials, and WC is for well car or the car type. Another example is 3 Canadian pacific railway covered hoppers i saved as 03X-CPRW-CH.
    4-Once saved relinquish control of that cut of cars and repeat step 3 on the next car or group of cars.

Now remember where ever you save these cars is where they will spawn when you spawn them in multi-player or single so save them somewhere in a yard or siding you know isn't used a lot. then you can spawn random cuts of cars to build your on train at anytime you like. Or you could just populate your yards with cars by starting a fall or summer session and moving trains into the yards and switching them out. Either way you will have some switching to do but the way I showed will save you from having to run a train all the way across the route to get a set of cars you want.

You can then save what ever train you built by using the save feature but select my train only. It too will spawn where ever you save it so remember that but you will be able to spawn it in single player or multi player.

You mention grain trains and ethanol trains, Just a FYI they already have those made up.