Thread: Lack of response from PI Engineering

Default Lack of response from PI Engineering

Have an RD purchased in 2003. Love it!

Received a replacement component from PI, but their instructions would not allow the replacement part to be used. Seems that sometime between my part and the current design configuration, the design was changed, and the part would could not be installed per the instructions. PI says that to have the work done to install the part would be costlier than buying a new RD. OK, 2003 to 2012...lots of time has passed, and a design change is not out of the question. Bought a new RD. Opened the box, stuck on the stickers, and tried to calibrate. Error: Out of bounds calibration values. Sent an email via the contact us. Not a word. Given, this is brand new, the lack of response is, on my part, not a good thing. (Must be deep into TS 2013.) Just want to vent. Yes, I could use the workaround, but why should I? My take is new should be workable without fuss...I do not believe in it will only get better....my old RD did not get better with age.

Thanks for reading. I feel better.

Considering this is Saturday, when did you send the email in? Which game are you trying to use it in, and did you try calibrating again, this time making sure you didn't skip the last instruction to set the controls to the default positions before exiting the calibration?

Hi ckawahara. I looked back through our records, and we replied to you on the 21st of September. Please check your junk mail. If you did not receive it, please consider giving us a call at 517-655-5523 extension 19 and we can get this all sorted out.

I have found Raildriver support to be excellent...

Quote Originally Posted by RailDriver_Amber View Post
    Hi ckawahara. I looked back through our records, and we replied to you on the 21st of September. Please check your junk mail. If you did not receive it, please consider giving us a call at 517-655-5523 extension 19 and we can get this all sorted out.
    To keep the record straight....I read the post today. I never received any email for whatever reason. I replied to Amber via prior email addy that I received on email that told me it was too expensive to repair.
    Last edited by ckawahara; 09-26-2012 at 08:10 PM.

Hi again. I received your email and replied this morning. Please let me know if it does not reach you.

For the future readers of this post, I'd like to conclude with a final (I hope) entry. P.I. issued a RMA and the return unit was shipped via UPS. Only issue on this is that it added $22 to my overall cost of buying it. A replacement order was done online so I could reduce the time between the RMA unit getting there and its replacement returned. P.I. will not charge me shipping for the second unit. So all is well in RD-land. This post would have been a non-incident had I received the original email. Thank you Amber. Thank you Maggie. Your assistance was greatly appreciated.