Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Considering to buy Run8

Default Considering to buy Run8

I have seen some videos about Run8 on YouTube, in particular the one made by Nick (aka trmania): wow, it looks so good and so realistic, and multiplayer must be a lot of fun! But I still have to clear up some things before buying it:

1. Will it run good on my pc? It's a bit old: Intel Quad Q6600 2.4 gHz, 2 GB Ram, Ati Sapphire HD4850 1 GB.
    2. I live in Europe... Does anyone run multiplayer sessions compatible with my time zone (GMT +1)?

Thanks in advance for answers!

Multiplayer sessions seem to be going at all times of day/night for Run8.As to your first question it should run it as my laptop does but most questions are asked and answered on the forum at Run8 and not always on here at TS.
    Work Safe play hard

Ok, thanks!

I am considering buying it also but they have not activated my forum register request for 3 days now.I would never buy without forum acces.

Quote Originally Posted by smiljacc18 View Post
    I am considering buying it also but they have not activated my forum register request for 3 days now.I would never buy without forum acces.
    I believe that 3DTrainstuff is out of town at a train show in Barstow for the weekend. They'll likely activate the account when they get back.
    Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show

Quote Originally Posted by smiljacc18 View Post
    Same here, but as Nick stated I think our account will be activated tomorrow or the day after.
    And Nick, your video reviews are always awesome, but with the last one about Run8 you really should recieve a medal from Run8 Studios, it's impossible not to buy it after watching your review... it's so beautiful!
    I have another question: is there any documentation that teaches how to use radio in multiplayer, I mean when should I use it and what to say. Also, I think I didn't explain very well my question about time zone in the first post, I meant if there's anyone running MP sessions while in Europe it's not night, so about 9AM-1PM in the U.S.A.?

Don't worry about the difference in time zones people host at all hours of the day regardless of where you live, that won't be an issue. You will have people hosting from USA, Sweden, Europe, all over the country and prob some in same area as you as well. There is plenty of info to go around on using multi player especially on the run8 forums, it's just a matter of reading and searching. I believe some have even posted videos. As far as teaching you what to say that is not the easiest thing to do, some of the more advanced players you will notice are very realistic in using proper radio procedures while others that don't know the railroad well just type as they were talking normal lol hard to explain. You can join a multiplayer as a former and just observe if you want and see what you can pickup once you own the game.

Quote Originally Posted by AEM7AC 920 View Post
    I believe some have even posted videos.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIEPfjTyx5E
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5QKwJTHEjE

Are there any videos of MP sessions showing more than one MP player train ?

Is there a map showing where the trains of participating MP players are ?

O t t o

Quote Originally Posted by AEM7AC 920 View Post
    Don't worry about the difference in time zones people host at all hours of the day regardless of where you live, that won't be an issue. You will have people hosting from USA, Sweden, Europe, all over the country and prob some in same area as you as well. There is plenty of info to go around on using multi player especially on the run8 forums, it's just a matter of reading and searching. I believe some have even posted videos. As far as teaching you what to say that is not the easiest thing to do, some of the more advanced players you will notice are very realistic in using proper radio procedures while others that don't know the railroad well just type as they were talking normal lol hard to explain. You can join a multiplayer as a former and just observe if you want and see what you can pickup once you own the game.
    Thanks for the answer. I hope I'll be able to understand what people say and more importantly I hope people will understand what I say on the radio... english isn't my first language unfortunately. Well, it's time to improve it !

Most MP sessions use text messaging for "radio"...there are several TeamSpeak servers, but based on a couple of experiences I am not sure that TeamSpeak is for me...YMMV. There are sessions going on usually around the clock on weekends. I host a couple of times a week in the afternoon on the east coast, which translates to evening for Europe. Most nights, US time, there are multiple sessions going on. And there is a Run8 server in India as well, though he admits to occasional power supply issues.