Thread: birmingham route question

Default birmingham route question

just down loaded the route wasn't aware it needed any freeware it didn't say it in the readme text they will be needed to run the activities i guess or can they be replace is that the reason the failed to open texture file, routes\\ textures\ acleantrack1.ace and failed to open heading tape. Also when down loading the route riter do you download into msts to use it ?

Quote Originally Posted by gates5of1 View Post
    Also when down loading the route riter do you download into msts to use it ?
    A new concept: READ THE INSTRUCTIONS! They are your friend!

Frank, these are not questions answered in the instructions.

gates, the texture you mention is not rolling stock you need to download for activities, they are track textures. Did you download and install xtracks?

When using route riter, first start route riter, than use the program to find the route among your files. The program runs separately from msts. You can put it in any location you choose.

Christopher

Default birminham route

which route do you have my friend do you the original birmingham route or the one with 3 files it's a lot better if you download that one and when you download xtracks and you need to install them into your global shapes folder and the same for newroads 4.0 and for this route you don't need route riter.

Jdark34

Chris, my statement was directed only at the last question in his post..

Quote Originally Posted by Jdark34 View Post
    which route do you have my friend do you the original birmingham route or the one with 3 files it's a lot better if you download that one and when you download xtracks and you need to install them into your global shapes folder and the same for newroads 4.0 and for this route you don't need route riter.

Jdark34
    JDARK34, or whatever you call yourself...you don't have a clue as to what you are babbling about...ALL routes should be run through Route-Riter after they are installed!

You guys are *both* right. Frank's advice to check all routes in route_riter first is good.

And it does appear from your error that you do need to download and install x-tracks.

Yes, in a sense, you don't technically "need" route-riter to make the route run if you have everything you need installed. It's just that it's a really great program for all kinds of things (including it's consist builder) but specifically in this case, it will tell you what files your are missing to run the route and therefor help you sort it out (sometimes it will even fix things and find files for you). If all you are missing are X-tracks files then you can install them and be done with it without ever involving Route_Riter. But it might be that there are other issues which Route_Riter will catch.

What Route_Riter won't do is fix this particular issue, because you still need to go download x-tracks even if you have Route_Riter.

Lots of routes use X-tracks (and NewRoads) so installing them is a good thing to do anyway.

Christopher

hey friends,

i got a problem with one of the activities on the birmingham route activity number 2 is not working from tuscaloosa to birmingham is not working and i just downloaded birmingham route update 2 nights ago i put the whole update in the birmingham route folder any suggestions how to get that activity working again. anyway to fix this. jdark34