Thread: Foggy night on the hill

Default Foggy night on the hill

Running the Flyer down the hill from Tehachapi
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like it when it is foggy because there is so much more change in the game. All of a sudden you enter thick fog an you can't even see 20 meters ahead, that means that you have to drive by memory which really is challenging.

how to u get it foggy like that?

is it based on the time that the sim runs or does it go off of real world weather conditions for the pass?

thanks
    Paul J

Quote Originally Posted by amtk14 View Post
    how to u get it foggy like that?

is it based on the time that the sim runs or does it go off of real world weather conditions for the pass?

thanks
    Paul J
    The weather environment is based on the date chosen for the session in the Shift F1 box. The sim uses real weather info from reporting stations along the route to reproduce the actual weather on the date chosen For example, I chose 4/13/12 for a session I hosted recently not having any idea what the weather would be, just that I thought it would be neat to run on Friday the 13th. When the session started, there was fog at Bakersfield, cloudy skies from Sand Cut to Allard, fog and cloudy from there to Cameron, then cloudy most of the way to Mojave, but clear and sunny on the desert to Barstow. It stayed that way pretty much all day. The same weather info is used as the basis of the temp readings from the DD's.

Quote Originally Posted by flarrfan2 View Post
    The weather environment is based on the date chosen for the session in the Shift F1 box. The sim uses real weather info from reporting stations along the route to reproduce the actual weather on the date chosen For example, I chose 4/13/12 for a session I hosted recently not having any idea what the weather would be, just that I thought it would be neat to run on Friday the 13th. When the session started, there was fog at Bakersfield, cloudy skies from Sand Cut to Allard, fog and cloudy from there to Cameron, then cloudy most of the way to Mojave, but clear and sunny on the desert to Barstow. It stayed that way pretty much all day. The same weather info is used as the basis of the temp readings from the DD's.

I hope I'm judging your post the wrong way as I hope I do NOT have to be on the Internet while playing "Single Player."

Although I love the way the weather set up is I hope there is some kind of default weather. I do not and I never will play multiplayer, nothing against it just so long as I do not have to play it nor do I want to play against the computer ONLINE.

Guess I'm just set in my ways but I'd rather work against the computer any day with the Internet shut off playing Sims/Games.