Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Run8 MP video links for Otto

Default Run8 MP video links for Otto

Here's what Run8 looks like in MP...note the text messages:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzotjrGo1lI

And here's what it sounds like with TeamSpeak instead of text messages:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIEPfjTyx5E

Thanks and have found some on YouTube a couple of days ago, including the TeamSpeak one.

I am useless at texting, not using a Cellphone or texing others when on the Internet.

I had RUN-8 installed but gave up trying to use MP and in any case am not really interested in being part of a MP session, preferring to do my own thing whenever it suits me, having a choice of many routes in the world as provided by MSTSBin and TS-2013, just having released my DB-TRACKS-ROUTES for MSTSBin and ORTS-8 !

O t t o

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post
    Thanks and have found some on YouTube a couple of days ago, including the TeamSpeak one.

I am useless at texting, not using a Cellphone or texing others when on the Internet.

I had RUN-8 installed but gave up trying to use MP and in any case am not really interested in being part of a MP session, preferring to do my own thing whenever it suits me, having a choice of many routes in the world as provided by MSTSBin and TS-2013, just having released my DB-TRACKS-ROUTES for MSTSBin and ORTS-8 !

O t t o
    That's what keeps me from even considering Run8 is it's reliance on Multiplayer. I think if that was changed, they would have a much broader customer base. Having done the Multiplayer off and on for years, mostly off, I have no interest in starting up with it again with all the issues that always crop up.

I've watched a couple of videos (including those above) of multiplayer sessions and am still puzzled by what people find of interest in MP.
    I couldn't even sit through the full length of any of the videos, finding them boring and more a simulation of railroad-communications than anything else.
    And then to have spent several hours (!) chatting only to have the thing fall over.........

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    I've watched a couple of videos (including those above) of multiplayer sessions and am still puzzled by what people find of interest in MP.
    I couldn't even sit through the full length of any of the videos, finding them boring and more a simulation of railroad-communications than anything else.
    And then to have spent several hours (!) chatting only to have the thing fall over.........
    Like listening to a police scanner.

A police scanner. Funny since you guys have managed to go way off topic as usual, because after all this is the circus, and your the main acts around here I'll give you an analogy that perhaps describes people like you.

You see you keep like throwing stuff to guys like FLA such as "FanBoy" or calling us cults or those who knock on doors etc. This is what you sound like and I take it back from my recent trip to Fostoria, Ohio. Instead of the same boring message you keep rehashing I hope this is a little more entertaining for people.

In the U.S. (I'm from Canada - I do this not because one is from Australia but others who I do respect from other places instead of Canada or the USA) many major centers broadcast on AM radio a traffic report. Now this traffic report is the same message and it's repeated. Often it's computerized and responds to changing conditions. What a joke that is by the way, if I liked people or chat rooms I would of never got Run 8, no I like trains and I communicate what may be less than 1% of a session if that - signals is a form of communication too.

Anyways to the analogy as I've heard people like FLA and myself are like J.W.'s knocking at a door, lets say your traveling towards a major center. You come across a sign that says tune into 1610 AM for traffic updates. Kind of like a link on your address advertising your site after every post. Not really intrusive but it's there. The message is boring but gives you the information you need and after you hear it once you either turn the radio off or change to another station. If your like me you go back to listening to your music.

But lets say you've listened to the traffic report and it tells you how bad it is up ahead. So you note it for future reference and change back to music to calm your nerves and enjoy the ride however bumpy it may be up ahead. Now all of a sudden the city is jamming the frequencies broadcasting the same stupid, pathetic message over every channel it finds.

Now before the Run 8 section was put on this site we had a general section to voice what we liked about Run 8. But Nels was nice enough to put a section in so finally others can say their peace. But you guys and you know who you are, the same circus side show every chance you get hijack everything in sight and broadcast the same stupid message over and over again. Yet we are the JW's knocking at your door??? Would you like a religious analogy to help your spirit if the frequency Kenneth didn't get through to you here, OK last one.

The JW's are angels compared to what you guys have become (let it be clear that this doesn't include Otto's response and preference as it was on topic). Your like the priests who not only knock on your door, but come in with the torches looking for any books on wizardry and to find out who the witches are so you can burn them at the stake in front of all the town's folks.

Thing is the majority of people you speak of who Run 8 isn't for them aren't watching this forum. They're busy creating in their simulations of choice not bothering anyone. Perhaps they checked it out one time, or perhaps they checked it out again. I tried Trainz once thought the thing was junk and never ran it again a couple years back. I certainly didn't go on Trainz forums each and every chance I got belittling the product.

But go ahead give me your analogy of me. Fan Boy, JW, whatever. Got nothing good to say don't say it.

I know you justify this as you were just responding to the link therefore your on subject. But we already know what you don't like about Run 8 we've seen it what a dozen times at least? Now my original message was much nastier so I'm editing it. But could you go back to whatever it is you love doing? Or is trolling your new hobby?

Thanks

Sean
    Last edited by SurvivorSean; 10-08-2012 at 01:42 AM. Reason: removed personal attacks (yeah it was worse)

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    A police scanner. Funny since you guys have managed to go way off topic as usual, ....
    Video links posted = look at videos = listen to MP comms in videos = comment on MP comms.

Hardly "way off topic".

.....But Nels was nice enough to put a section in so finally others can say their peace. ...
    At my request, by-the-way. But others would have asked for the same thing, I'm sure.
    After all, Trainsim.com has been the forum for all things train simulation for over a decade.
    (And it's "piece", as in "I want a piece of that cool Run 8 MP action!" )

For what it's worth, I like Run 8 and I'm on record here for stating why I like it, as well as for stating what I don't like about it.

Bruce

But being puzzled at what other's see in MP is on topic? Sounds a little opportunistic to me. But honestly I'm way off topic too.

Train-Sim has been the place for over a decade. Now perhaps it was you and you alone that managed to have the stroke to get this forum in (kind of humorous). So what your saying is this sandbox is your creation? You have stated what you like about Run8 but we hear the same thing over and over again at why you don't like it.

I said what I had to say, not my forum to moderate. After all this is your creation, and you know what they say about creation. "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out'. Wouldn't want to tick you off now

Thanks

Sean

.... You have stated what you like about Run8 but we hear the same thing over and over again at why you don't like it....
    Dead right - just as you continually support it.

Not that I expect the voicing of my dislikes about R8 to have any effect on the attitude of the developers, mind you, but they do act as a bit of a catharsis.

Bruce

Wow some of you are like listening to dead dogs.Same old Same old it never changes..wow maybe I should go to your beloved OR forum and start things over there now thats a thought but since the MODs over there on that forum keep a lid on things I can't be bothered.
    Work Safe play hard