Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Go to www.Run8Studios.com to learn more about Run8!

Exclamation Go to www.Run8Studios.com to learn more about Run8!

Please visit our website to learn more about Run8 Train Simulator 2012 2013

http://www.run8studios.com

and don't forget to register at Run8America if you want to talk to the Run8 devs

I tried to register a week ago and am still waiting for admin approval

registered 2 days ago and havent been approved yet. Come on guys, $40 for a game that you cant use is bad for business. Ive never been apart of a MP game before and have no clue how to join a session or host one. Dont post useless links in threads when you cant do your part to allow access to the link YOU posted. Get your act together and help those that have invested money in your product. REALLY ? Unbelievable !

Its pretty obvious that these guys really dont know how to run their business so any help on how to join a session from anyone on this site would be greatly appreciated. If your game requires a degree from ITT Tech you need to state that in your promos. How bout you just refund my money ? Is this Pacific Surfliner revisited or what ?

I'm still waiting for forum approval; it's been 2 days. Also, I couldn't figure out from the website how to buy Run 8. Maybe it was there, but I was reading that site for at least an hour and never found it. I couldn't even figure out how it is offered... does one purchase a route to get the game engine or what???

Not complaining; I'm patient. But, it all looked kinda sketchy to me as a sales method; not good for business, though I expect the website will keep changing. Just some honest feedback... otherwise, I am very interested in the product, especially once it gets an editor next year. Judging from just the videos, the graphics look as good or better than RW/TS so far.

For Evictoria. Not sure which website your looking at but this link has a couple of the same picture stating "BNSF Mojave Sub now available" with a "$40.00 USD Buy it now" clickable link that will take you to the order page.

http://www.run8studios.com/

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio1162 View Post
    any help on how to join a session from anyone on this site would be greatly appreciated.
    To find a session, you need access to either the Run8America site or some other site that announces sessions. Most weekdays there are typically two or three active sessions in the 15 hours or so from noon ET to midnight PT. Weekends are often even busier with an assortment of sessions, including some where TeamSpeak is mandatory. To join a session, start Run8 with one of the extra boards selected from the splash screen (i..e., Bak BNSF, Bak UP, Mojave or Barstow). Once your sim starts up, F1 and put your ID in the F1 box in place of NoName. Then Shift F1, client tab, fill in the IP and password, if any. Click join network, wait for a pause in any text messages and then type a hello, wait again to be sure you're not stepping on important communications, then ask the DS if there are trains needing recrews or if the DS has other directions for you. Often there may be an imbalance between west- or eastbound trains, and the DS may need you to start from a certain point. Usually there are pre-spawned trains in a MP session, and no spawning is allowed unless authorized by the DS. And it's always a good idea to let the DS know if your time to run is limited. Once you are assigned or otherwise find a train, start it up, give the DS the needed train info, and await direction to proceed. Then run and have fun!
    Last edited by flarrfan2; 10-30-2012 at 08:18 AM.

Thumbs down

"Future Projects", all US routes and add ons so no thanks now or in the future.

Unless Run8 embraces the UK rail system, it will be a no go area for me.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio1162 View Post
    Its pretty obvious that these guys really dont know how to run their business
    What would you suggest they do differently? At the moment they seem to be trying to keep control over what happens to their unique and admittedly niche sim and have no desire to repeat the mistakes of other sims that either had poor support or decided to change business strategies midstream to the detriment of many users. Those of us who get great fun and enjoyment from MP sessions are glad their strategy is what it is for now, because it helps ensure that all Run8 users with the proper updates can join MP sessions without worrying about compatibility. I hope and trust that eventual tools and editors will contain limits to maintain this essential compatibility. If your only familiarity with sim business models is with those that seek to be all things to all simmers and thus compromise on realism and operations in the interest of satisfying the widest possible base of users, then it's probably understandable that you think they don't know how to run a business. In fact, the tiny Run8 Development Team is simply trying to make a little money from their train simming hobby, and I for one hope they succeed with their admittedly unorthodox methods.

Quote Originally Posted by neyland View Post
    "Future Projects", all US routes and add ons so no thanks now or in the future.

Unless Run8 embraces the UK rail system, it will be a no go area for me.

Mike.
    Run8 is a unique niche sim that is deliberately NOT seeking the widest possible user base for now. In the future, when editors and other tools are released, it will likely develop multiple niches, perhaps even including foreign users, but unless you are a fan of heavy freight operations in the US, no, Run8 is not for you and, in fact, not intended for you.