Thread: VORA notes for 10/20/12

Default VORA notes for 10/20/12

VORA continues running our prototype operating sessions. Today we are out on the Western Pacific Faether River route set in September of 1987. Running exact consists including motive power, loads/MT counts, weights and lengths. If you are ready for a real challenge and want to run on a railroad give us a try.

We are currently looking for additional engineers who are ready work with us in our live operating sessions.

Send me a PM here for all the details.

Thanks,

Nick

I've been a member of VORA since last month and have been having a blast so far. If you want to take your MSTS experience to another level this is the place to do it.

Have you guys tried to use OpenRails?

Open Rails does not work with the number of trains we run per session. Also with a pure operations basis our consists get quite complex and our attempts to use OR did not work...we are at work now on other solutions that will support our prototype operations.

Nick

OR has coped with more than 30 players in some sessions, just curious how many people and trains are required?

Using home computers as servers may not handle that many people as in US the upload bandwidth is generally limited. You can try to use the public ports though. Also, the experimental release is much better now which is more stable and has more dispatching functionalities.

May take a look at it again and if the "game features" can be minimized and or eliminated we would consider it...we do not run multiplayer sessions ...we run prototype operating sessions and recreate an actual day on a route. So we'll look at it again for our needs.

Nick

I know some one that works for microsoft and i can see if he can teal me aney info on making a multy player for msts.
    from. (1757)

I think that is what the ORTS crew is doing right now. VORA runs prototype operating sessions. When I see "multiplayer" you are referring to the "I can see you" feature which happens far less in real life than rail fans and gamers think that it does. That is a nice to have feature but our focus is on running an actual railroad not playing a sim. Our system works on any sim on any route on the planet.

Our emphasis is on recreating a day in the history of a route down to the last detail. Our prefect member is someone who is dedicated to prototype accuracy and ready to operate according to the book of rules that governed the route in the era we are running. We hold ops sessions from 1960 to modern day.

Our next one is on the GN Hi-Line set in November 1993. We will have multiple live qualified dispatchers (Just like BN did at the time) handling 18 trains across the route in a 10 hour operating session.

If you are ready for the challenge of running in our operating sessions we will be holding our final "hiring" class on November 23rd and 25th at 8 pm EDT. Spaces are limited. To start the process go to our forum at:

http://vrma.proboards.com/

Register there and we will send a new member questionnaire by email. Once you complete that and send it back we will reserve a place in class for you. That is where you begin your journey to the cab with us. Nothing comes close to being in a live VORA operating session and working alongside dozens of trained crews, yardmasters, and more.

Hope you will give us a try.

Nick

Is VORA still active? I've applied to the Proboards.com site and keep getting the message that it is waiting for an admin to approve my request. I've also sent a message to Trainmaster1 and have not received a reply.

VORA sounds like fun and I am willing to go through the training and have some minor part in it.

So what is the latest with VORA?

Mike

I am happy to say that VORA is alive and well! Thanks Nick.

Mike