Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Metro North M2 in the Works

You're welcome.

Cool

Here is a quick update. I have exported the model from GMAX and it is on its way into MSTS for the first phase of testing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hope you came through Sandy OK. Sending you good thoughts.
    Christopher

I thank you for your concern, the extent of the damage I received was a 50ft+ hickory which fell across my driveway (completely blocking access), the trunk had a 2.5ft diameter. Luckily my driveway is classified as a fire road because it has access to a nearby pond, so we called it in and the town's OEM department came and removed the tree.

Back to the MSTS, I have made the cab view which just needs a few finishing touches, and I have been working on the sounds intermittently throughout the coding of the engine. I am looking to release the M2's in about a week to two weeks time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very well done!

Glad you are fine.

Christopher

Nicely done! I volunteer for beta testing
    Writer and Wolverine, among other things.
    Interested in railroad stories? Check out the Fiction vault:
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...82#post1882582

Quote Originally Posted by Connco32 View Post
    I usedto work for Metro North, am now retired. These were the only electric commuter cars along with the Japanese M3's that operated on the New Haven Line. Great job so far. Hopefully when we get the route they were used on these will make the route almost complete. Keep up the good work and hope to see these cars running soon.
    Connco32
    The M3s were not Japanese. They also did not run on the New Haven Line. BUDD(an AMERICAN company) built them and they served on the Harlem and the Hudson. You sure yo used to work for MNRR?

Only the M8s are Japanese, made by Kawasaki. The rest are either Budd or Bombardier, I think, or maybe just Budd. I never associated much with MNRR equipment outside of P32ACDMs...
    Writer and Wolverine, among other things.
    Interested in railroad stories? Check out the Fiction vault:
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...82#post1882582

Quote Originally Posted by MP36PH3S View Post
    Only the M8s are Japanese, made by Kawasaki. The rest are either Budd or Bombardier, I think, or maybe just Budd. I never associated much with MNRR equipment outside of P32ACDMs...
    This is my understanding:
    M1 - Budd
    M2 - Budd
    M3 - Budd
    M4 - Tokyu
    M6 - Morrison Knudsen
    M7 - Bombardier
    M8 - Kawasaki

Actually General Electric built some of the M-1 & M-2 stock... They were both Licensed through BUDD company at the time..