Thread: SLI's P42DC's

Default SLI's P42DC's

Having recently bought SLI's Southwest Chief 2012, I'm looking for more repaints. From what I've heard, repaints for the old Southwest Chief work as well. Looking at the library it appears that you have to have that set and the Empire Builder set for the repaints. Can you point me to other downloads?

The current set I'm working on will utilize the new shape.
    Founder/owner of the California Pacific Railway, NorCal Rail Shops

Big thanks to all of the content creators out there, both payware and freeware, for keeping this hobby alive!

Oooo, can't wait. Tell me when it is uploaded and I will be the first one to download it.

If you want a sneak peak, check out the topic titled "NEPS P42 pack 4."

Big thanks to all of the content creators out there, both payware and freeware, for keeping this hobby alive!

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't the skins able to work for the other models as well? I believe I was able to place the P40 skins onto the P42 model with no issue.

They work between the Empire Builder, and original Southwest Chief sets, but the new "2012 Chief" has a different headlight housing. The older sets have the pentagonal housings with the glass over them, whereas the new models reflect on the rounded headlight housings you see now. I checked them to see if they'd work, and the did, but it shows the outline from the squared housing that's on the old textures around the headlights.

I have heard this is true. The only difference in the most recent Southwest Chief was the headlight design, specifically the center one.