Thread: YardCamMod4 inserts double file header under Windows 7

Default YardCamMod4 inserts double file header under Windows 7

My problem: YardCamMod4.0 under Windows 7 inserts a duplicate copy of the file header into the world file when adding the text block that enables yard cam views in all locations. The resulting file is not usable.

Situation:
    I am doing a clean reinstall of my MSTS files on a new Win 7 64 bit system (Intel i5-3570, 8GB. Ram). I used Yuri Sos's instructions (many thanks for such a great set!). MSTS and the updates installed perfectly. I then installed the usual supporting software - Route_Riter, YardCam4, conbuilder, etc. So far no problems.

When I started to add the Yard Cam to the w. files of the default routes from scratch, rather than just copying from my old XP files I encountered the problem described above. After expanding the World files (of USA1) with Route Riter, I opened them in YardCam4. When I clicked on "Auto Install Yard Cam", the program operated normally. However, when I looked at the files, the header was repeated! (i.e two copies of "[email protected]@@@@@@@@@JINX0w0t______" at the top of the file). I tried to use the files anyhow, and they do not work (there are no tracks, for instance).

I went back to my old XP system, and confirmed that I was doing it right, and everything worked correctly there.

I have since found that this has occurred to at least one user on a Win 7 x32 system.

I ran everything as Administrator. I can run YardCamMod4 in my Windows XP emulator in my Win 7 system, and it executes just fine - I can bring the files back to my Win 7 MSTS and they work just fine.

Has anyone else had the same problem, or found a fix?
    Last edited by sidp; 11-19-2012 at 09:47 AM.
    Sid P.

The only way I found to get around the problem was to delete the repeated header. You can automate the edit using TextCrawler (freeware) or something simliar.
    Regards,

Eric

Glad to hear that I am not the only one to have seen this problem. Thanks for the tip about TextCrawler - it was exactly the program that I thought I would need. It worked perfectly. But it's too bad we can't fix the original problem!

Many thanks, Eric.
    Sid P.