Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orange Blocks at RR Crossings

Default Orange Blocks at RR Crossings

I am not sure where to ask this, possibly Routes, but anyway it is probably very simple.

On one of the routes I am adding in some vehicle traffic. At a couple of crossings the cars do not stop and when examined in RE the orange blocks are totally out of alignment. When using RE they go to wire frame, but how do you move them? I have been reading about route development as well as the Car Spawner article at the Syeam4Me site, but it does not say how to move the blocks. The only time the article refers to the blocks is in the case of an angled crossing, these are at right angles.

From the articles that I read, they seem to be tied to the signal placement. If I delete the signal, reinstall in a correct position, should that place the blocks in the correct centered position on the roadway? Are the orange blocks tied to the track section? I don't want to get too involved as I am not really well versed in major changes.

Any help is appreciated.

You want the carspawn line to go through the orange blocks. If you need to move the orange blocks, wire frame and delete. Then place the new one with the X on the center of the track and on the carspawn line. Then wire frame the actual crossing signal and locate it where you want.

What are the Orange Blocks listed under in RE to be able to replace them?

I just make them wire frame and hit the "Delete" button?

Thank you for the info.

Where Standard Gauge is 3 feet between the rails.

Yes, just select them, and hit the delete button. The new ones (replacements) should be under Object Placement as "level crossings." Put your mouse as close as possible to the intersection of the road and tracks and place them. You'll have to then select just the mast part and move it seperately to the roadside location. Remember, you'll need two of them, for each direction, and you'll need to place them on the lane(s) for the direction you're "protecting." Sometimes stuff "realigns" itself in RE, it's a monumental pain at times, and it's touch deleting and moving stuff. I would recommend you make a FULL BACKUP for the route and only do one crossing at a time.

Robert

The orange colored blocks are not to be found! Your indication was they should under Object Placement as "level crossings", not there.

I know they have to exist because the one side still has one, I deleted the other. I have looked in other routes and could not find any reference to these mysterious blocks, even though they must have them.

I have tried putting in a new concrete "level crossing" from another route, no block showed up when I installed it, or in any of the referenced files for shapes or textures. I tried installing a new signal with a gate, when I try to plant it, it says it is too far from the road/rail then it suddenly changes to just the lamp portion, which is not even on the mast I am trying to instal. It just flips to this like a default piece.

None of the many tutorials I have been perusing seem to cover this in any depth. Basically they are saying they kind of just show up when creating the crossing aspect, and hopefully they don't have to be changed. This is on the GTA route by MLT that I happen to have this issue and it was released some time ago April of 2009.

Thank you for the assistance so far.

You won't see any orange blocks until you place the object. Then they'll appear. Go back, and instal the signal with gate, but this time place it smack dab in the middle of the track in the middle of the lane you want it to "protect." Then the block will "appear". Then select JUST the signal object, it will "wireframe" on you and you can move it the side of the tracks.

Robert

Thank you, after again searching for "Crossing" in TS, I came across a great set of signals, and they came with instructions. MSTS Flashing Crossing Signals V2.0 By Bruce Bridges Retextured by John Scruggs. This is the way to go for those of us who are just starting to experiment with scenery items and are a little hesitant to go too far and make MSTS angry.

Sometimes the help we need is buried a little too deep to be readily seen.

Again thank you rdamurphy for your help and to all the Freeware Wizards.

Hello again, I just wanted to say thank you again for the assistance on the mysterious orange blocks. With your assistance I was able to replace the signals, whew! what a job, second one was easier, and all the traffic stops at the right place! and the orange blocks showed up!

It is with forums such as this that those of us who are not well versed in the intricacies of the demon MSTS get the fortitude to take on the demon and win!

Not a problem! BTW, I have quite a few freeware items in the FL if you're interested.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by rdamurphy View Post
    Not a problem! BTW, I have quite a few freeware items in the FL if you're interested.

Robert
    What are the items listed under, "rdamurphy"?