Thread: engine swag?

Default engine swag?

des anyone have any info as to if swag or sway in cabs will be available in msts ever . thanks dudley evans

How about using animation in the cabview shape?
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

don't know what you mean vince .please explain

I think he is referring to the "Swagger" or "Rocking" of the cab. With the isolated cabs, they probably move quite a bit like the cab on an 18 wheeler.

Thanks Don, i know in the railworks games the inside of the bab shifts around a bit so i was wondering if it's available in msts engines say in a utility upgrade or something

MSTS doesn't have cab sway; the camera view from the cab is fixed in space and the cab interior is also a static view. There's just no provision in the MSTS code to allow it, not even with BIN.

Open Rails might be able to someday; for now it's using the same cab view parameters as MSTS so that current models will drop in and run with it. In the future, there can be OR-specific modeling with a much more expanded set of capabilities.

MSTS-Roundhouse

With Open Rails and ZDSimulator
    Info

The only thing I have ever seen is the engine rocking in the head out view of steam engines by Barry Monroe ( Capt. Bazza ), known as "Bazza Motion". But I can't watch it for long or it rocks me to sleep

Red face

Maybe with the new OR:0.8.0 2d cab option moving up down they can add rocking depending on a parameter added like the MSTS coupler settings. Or include a modeling part (like mstsbin and doors) representing rocking animation.

Try the Demo EMDX SD70M test unit in OR but name ending in Sway, maybe it's a possible sign still needing tests but not failing like this.