Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC OpenBVE Route Upgrades

Talking TTC OpenBVE Route Upgrades

Stay tuned ... I have signaled the existing OpenBVE TTC route up to Wilson including grade time signals! I used videos to get accurate positioning of signs and signals .. will need beta testers!

i can help with the beta tester

I have finished up to Downsview.. anyone else interested in helping me test the new signals?

well if is just me i can do it bay my self i do have this route

I am working on the installer, I will get back to you tony. Meanwhile others welcome to help its appreciated!

ok that wll be geat thanks
    most of the time when ask on diffent froums pepole ask me trust me for my idea of the route.

A video I made for it: http://youtu.be/5Pr6j0BhGuA
    Last edited by waterburn; 12-07-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Really excited to try this, but am totally new to OpenBVE and all. I got it all installed and running, but the tunnels have no detail in them, and apparently all this stuff is missing? The station and train looks great and seem to run well enough. But certainly doesn't look as good as in your great video (who's doing that classic song? I love Bryan Ferry/Roxy Music!)

I'm on Win7, and have been dragging the OpenBVE folder between Program Files and Program Files (x86) Works in either, just not well.
    What am I missing still, or going wrong with?

Okay, I'm getting there. Downloaded the original route from the site, and now the tunnels look great! But still says I'm missing 5 files? Drove the entire length from Finch to Downsview, and really got to get used to these controls! LOL Too bad more detail couldn't go in on the outdoor scenery, but for the most part it's pretty close. Overall, it's pretty darn good - the signals, switches and all I'd say are in all the proper places. Errors I noted were Museum station - it's more of a creamy yellow than white. And the distance from Dupont to St. Clair West is way too close. And I think from St. Clair West to Eglinton West is too long - but I might be wrong in that, as I rarely go up past St. Clair West as a rule. Some of the station announcements are pretty funny, and yes - I have a copy of the Ride Guide that accidentally typed 'Queers Park'. So it was pretty funny to hear the voice say that, then correct himself. LOL Though, seemed to get really confused at Yorkdale between 'station' and 'mall'. (By and large we Torontonians just refer to it just as 'Yorkdale' as that's all there is there really) And the other thing to point out is that there isn't many tall buildings north of Eglinton West, due to Downsview Airport. Which has been controversial in it's existence and deemed defunct - but still used on rare occasions for political figures, CNE Airshow, and I think held onto in case of disaster relief as well. Developers would love to get on that land and build high rises for sure. But to my knowledge, nothing much has been done in that area still.

But overall, excellent job! The sounds are great, cabs and trains look great, realism to the prototype is pretty dang accurate I'd say. And is a really great representation of the TTC YUS and what our subway drivers face on a daily basis - which is pretty tough I've learned. Yet, they make it look so easy.

In the same boat as you as far as never being a user, but this did get my attention.

Thanks

Sean