Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC OpenBVE Route Upgrades

Mira aqui para openBVE programme informacion y installacion
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenBVE

Thanks for the support! Dave Reage did the original route so credits to him for that! I simply placed the signals and signs more accurately and added grade time.

Noisemaker maybe you can specify what the problem was you had with the installer on our forum? Did you manage to get V3 working?

Fixed the installer for missing textures. Thanks for letting us know.

No problem. Wasn't sure if V3 was a accumulative release or not. It kinda sounded like it was when all the trains from else where were included as well. And quite shocking on firing it up how different it looked. So thanks for that recent video as well, as it gave me something to refer to at least. Or I would've thought the tunnels would be just 'black'. (BTW - who's doing that song in your video?)

But it still says I'm missing 5 files. and something like 183 error messages, and 1 warning when it starts up still? Though it seems to run fine and error free all the way to Downsview for me. Also get 2 errors just starting OpenBVE - Access to Options.cfg is denied, and Access To Controls.cfg is denied. I think I've set it to Run As Admin on Win7, but not entirely sure? It runs at least, and seems to run well at that. All looks and sounds good too. The only other issue from the above though is some of the station graphic's have this 'flashing' to them. Not sure what I should try changing in the graphics options to fix that (if possible?)

But I'd say speed limits and signalling are A1 really. After we had our 'St. Clair West' disaster, there's been a strict adherence to signaling and speed now. I remember as a wee one gazing out the front window beside the cab on the old Glochester M series - my god, the speeds we'd go from Eglinton up to Lawrence and York Mills. Easily over 80kph at times. And blow through reds like they were just Christmas decorations in the tunnels. And basically the mandate was 'if you can't see a train ahead of you - speed up until you do.'
    After St. Clair West though, people were shocked to hear this, and that there was no 'deadman' stoppage of any sorts on the system.
    So I'm not entirely sure how TTC did it - as they kept the old signals like you have them. But definitely have 'kill switches' to stop the train if it goes by a hard red now.

So should I and others redownload the V3 for these missing files now? Not sure how and where to send any error reports to you? I guess they appear in OpenBVE somehow? And post or attach at your forum?

The song in our video is by Jasper Forks.

The errors are nothing to be worried about - its just due to the old signals being removed and the adding of new ones... As you noticed it does not have any effect on the actual simulation.

Do you currently have V3 or the original? My version adds the emergency trip and grade time signals.

Ah, Jasper Forks - interesting twist on a old classic. Thanks.

I have both that appear in the load screen now, but do select V3. And if I keep it to 60/65 for the most part, the signals trip nicely soon as I'm on top of them. Risky driving I know, but I'm 'oooooold school'. And yes, on the - ahem - RARE occasion I push it too much, the emergency trip kicks in and shuts me down.

So don't worry about the textures then, or error messages, and just keep on enjoying it then do you mean? You guys did a terrific job on this, and hope it expands to Bloor/Danforth in future. And maybe even the yards at Davisville, Wilson, and Greenwood someday. I'm sure you guys may already know this, but there's some fantastic DVD's on the TTC subway (and streetcar/interurban) history at this site http://www.gpsvideocanada.com/subway

Yes I hope so too! I am not familiar with laying out the tracks or creating the objects - however if the BD and other lines do get made I would have no issues in adding the signals. We want to figure out first how to allow trains to change ends as well as changing tracks. Downsview to Finch would be nice to do as well.

I was meaning to ask about that. As I'm so used to MSTS, and getting to the end of an activity, it stops and you get a report on how well you did. But for the few times I've driven the TTC route, I get to Downsview, stop correctly - and just sit there then. I waited for a bit to see if anything happens, but exited out. Does anything happen, or is there a procedure I should do to properly end the session and see how well I did overall? And/or wasn't sure if I should 'switch ends' and drive all the way back to Finch to complete it. Quite a lot of controls and viewing options with OpenBVE. Haven't learned how to 'switch cabs' - if it's even possible yet?

Unfortunately the ability to switch cabs has not been implemented yet - it is open source so anyone can help.

At the end of a run you can use ESC go back to the menu and then Review Results.

Thanks. I think I tried that and didn't seem to see anything? Or maybe just outright quit, can't remember. So much like MSTS then, it'll tell you how many times you went over the speed limit, and passenger comfort and whatever. Really hard to 'hit the dime' in the stations, and I try to 'overrun' just slightly to make sure my rears in fully. Will I get reprimanded on those too? Seems like there should be more leeway for over runs as opposed to under runs. Could that be possible as well?

Too bad you can't switch cabs and all like with MSTS. But good to know that someone may still make it happen someday. Not sure what the standard shift is for YUS drivers these days. Think I heard it's 4 (2x2)? Once is hectic enough for me still.