Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Vegetation Available

Default New Vegetation Available

Hello Everybody

Great packs of vegetation are available for route builders.

Four packs:European Native Trees and Plants

Vol. 1 - Trees and Shrubs
    Vol. 3 - Water and Swamp Plants
    Vol. 4 - Agriculture
    Vol. 5 - Home Garden

OK, its European plants, but many can be use in America or in many places in the world. Pay attention to the ref file it's write in russian language, vou'll correct it before use in RB. Great realisation, but no alternative textures for seasons, everything is for summer only.

These packs are available on a russian site here:

http://www.trainsim.ru/download/164/

Download/Scenery Objects

Cheer!

Спасибо вам большое! Ваши объекты пейзажи действительно здорово!

Actually, these are more than just great. They're freaking AWESOME! The Bonus crates with the garden pack - that's an incredible amount of work done on those. Excellent for ALL routes around the world with those.

Улучшенный материал!

These are awesome! best vegetation pack I have seen so far (and the only one with alps fitted pine trees) like said before by Noisemaker, the farm pack is just astonishing, I was literally looking for an hour in S viewer to view all the plants/ trees and the great detail that has been put into them.
    some objects have high poly counts (some up to 900) but there are allot of lods levels making up for it so it shouldn't be to much of a problem.
    if I could rate this, it would be 10/10.
    oh by the way those dead trees are a bit creepy (but also awesome)
    oh and don't forget to check the BONUS, they are awesome and some very usefull
    Last edited by railrunner112; 12-06-2012 at 02:36 AM.

This is the all time mother load of vegetation.
    The tree and bush "groups" are phenomenal.
    I run in all seasons, so it will not only be a HUGE chore to redo all my routes vegetation, but to create fall and winter sets as well.
    But a huge thank you to the Russian boys for this - the best hands-down pack of vegetation to date for MSTS.
    GREAT WORK!!!!
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

My first shot at them, very impressive. Maybe this should be moved to the scenery design section.
    NEW.jpg

Oh my goodness WOW with those trees stand out sharp and look real compare to old KUJU trees. I am sure that lot of route builders will use this for their routes.

John

John, you should see some of the "northwoods" type tree groups. They would knock your socks right off!
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Sounds like there is a download "stampede" in progress , here . '-)

I got my package , and will look at those later this evening . Super-fast download, BTW ...'-)

Jean Brisson Route Builder

Quote Originally Posted by bcrailfan View Post
    Sounds like there is a download "stampede" in progress , here . '-)I got my package , and will look at those later this evening . Super-fast download, BTW ...'-) Jean Brisson Route Builder
    Follow Up and Question : I knew I must have missed out on something , as I only downloaded the version 5 of the vegetation packs . It was brought to my attention that most of the other items I would have been interested in, were in fact, part of other versions .

Fortunately, all those versions are all on the very same ( download ) page , from the link that was provided here, in the first post .

My question has to do with licensing , though ?

For personal use, I see no challenges, at all, as far as what I could read .

But for a Route Builder wanting to make use of this content , there does seem to be some "grey areas", as it relates to use of the content .

It mostly has to do with "'redistribution", apparently being very restrictive , and / or "protective" ( and why not ... ), but should a Route Builder add some of this content , to their own project(s) , and then upload their project , by default, parts of such content ( such as we can download from the site ), would end up being "redistributed", in one way or another .

In any case, I ( and personally / exclusively ), would refrain to use the content from those, for a Route I would upload for others to share , until this is crystal clear, if the producer(s) of this content , would be agreable to grant permission, for their content to be integrated into the ( Route Building ) work of others .

Hopefully, this is perhaps just a "different shade" ( the English language translation ), of what the Russian licensing terms, truly are .

If anyone could help with this ( licensing grey area , as it relates to redistribution of the content, in any way, shape , or form ) , I would definitely appreciate ! '-)

Jean Brisson Route Builder