Thread: Activity Editor not loading .tit and .rit file entries

Default Activity Editor not loading .tit and .rit file entries

Hi all. I have had some issues with activity and a certain route of mine latley. For a few days, AE would not open my route. I would select my route from the list, and the AE would instantly freeze.I got the route to sucessfully open in AE now, but I noticed that the objects that would be in the .tit and .rit files (Platforms, Sidings, Level Crossings, etc) are not appearing along the track database. ANd I did double check and make sure that the .tit and .rit files were in fact in the route folder. Does anyone know what is wrong and how to possibly fix this? Thanks in advance.

Where Standard Gauge is 3 feet between the rails.

It's hard to give you a good answer when you mention a "certain route." But, I'll try. First, troubleshoot. Move all of the .act files out of the route folder in case it's a bad activity that's toasted. Then do it with the .con files in the Trains folder.

If that corrects your problem, then move things back in one at a time.

Did you make any changes to your route in RE? If so, restore your backup (you did backup, right)?

AE can choke on the silliest things. I had a caboose with both a .wag file and a .eng file (it was an experiment) that cause AE to crash.

Robert

Oh okay. By a "certain route" I meant only one route. It sems that I have lost all the objects that would have been in the .tit and .rit files, but I decided it was time for a replacement anyway. Thanks for the suggestion though!