Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: MRL Mullan Pass Official Thread

For the curious people out there wondering what has happened, a quick update. My last semester of college has been excruciatingly busy with many projects plus working an internship to have enough money to survive, so very very little progress has been made in the past two months. I don't expect to have any time to work on this until my graduation in mid May, after which I will have one to two months of completely free time to wrap up Mullan before I start my "real job".
    ~Sean Kelly~

MRL Mullan Pass for ORTS

Good luck, Sean. Do well, as you've worked hard, and the rest of your life is still ahead. Sounds like you are on the right track
    We're not going anywhere.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Real world comes before Virtual world every time!

Is there any news regarding this wonderful project?
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif

Quote Originally Posted by =FI=Ghost View Post
    Is there any news regarding this wonderful project?
    I am anxiously waiting also.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Is this route becoming a vapourware?? I don't see any updates since last year in April, 2018.

John

Hi everyone,

Just FYI, this project is far from dead. The team at TrainSimulations was focusing on pushing out the OR version of Seligman, but it is clear to us that Mullan is one of the main focuses now. Thankfully advances in some of the available tools, like TSRE's ability to rapidly paint ballast terrain textures over miles at a time, means that something that would have taken days or weeks can now be done in a couple hours! TSRE's map function is a giant help too, no longer needing to tediously create hundreds of markers and/or grab coordinates over and over from Google Earth.

I have been spending time scouring 3D modeling websites gathering various free to download, royalty free objects that can be used on Mullan, including some very nice military vehicles for parking around at Fort Harrison west of Helena, large mining dump trucks for the Ash Grove cement plant, various animals such as grizzly bears, etc. etc. I would provide screenshots, but I am at work (which is a big part of the slowdown over the past year. I am working full time as a railroad designer in an engineering firm)

At this point, the biggest challenge for me is to not overdo it on making custom objects. For some of the larger and more unique structures, this is unavoidable if we want to have something convincing, but in many cases it is just not worth the many hours to model something from scratch where we already have a relatively similar building in our inventory, such as generic looking warehouses.

Once again, I am hesitant to provide a release date seeing how many times I've fallen short on that, but I for one am very encouraged by the response so far on the OR Seligman release, showing that our small community still has a hunger for routes. I expect/hope that Mullan, being a brand new route, will have that much greater of a response. On TrainSimulations' Facebook page, screenshots of another route that is also very far along, the CN Ruel Sub, have been showing up. Completion of Mullan and Ruel are thee goal right now, and of course we have lots of ideas (some already started) of routes to focus on after these two, but we are trying to stay focused on getting done what is nearly complete already.
    ~Sean Kelly~

MRL Mullan Pass for ORTS

Quote Originally Posted by PerryPlatypus View Post
    Thankfully advances in some of the available tools, like TSRE's ability to rapidly paint ballast terrain textures over miles at a time, means that something that would have taken days or weeks can now be done in a couple hours! TSRE's map function is a giant help too, no longer needing to tediously create hundreds of markers and/or grab coordinates over and over from Google Earth.
    Hi Sean,

Good to hear - and you ain't kidd'n... I still chuckle to myself every time I send my ballast texture racing off beyond the horizon in the mere blink of an eye - with a single mouse click...

Best of luck with it...

Regards,
    Scott

Are we there yet? lol.