Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: MRL Mullan Pass Official Thread

The route looks freakin' awesome, Sean - well done, sir!
    Cheers!
    Marc - 3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

Thanks God! -It was not a dead project!
    Just one word: A M A Z I N G J O B
    Cheers from Brazil, South America.

I'm looking forward to running some MRL. Had the chance to work for them out of Missoula, passed it up as I couldn't make the move out there.
    http://i.imgur.com/wcbfygM.png
    Conductor/Engineer at Vermont Rail System

Agreed. This is Grade A+ work
    Rory

Superb, really looking forward to this one

Intel i5 2400, Mobo ASUS P8H67, Win 7 Prof 64bit, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX960 4GB, SB Audigy, 3.25TB HDD's.

That is very impressive. LOVE the distant mountains. For the life of me, I can't seem to wrap my mind around how to go about doing that.

Have you gotten any news on the progress?
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif

Quote Originally Posted by =FI=Ghost View Post
    Have you gotten any news on the progress?
    Hi Borislav,

Yes, progress has been ongoing for the past few months, and in fact it has rapidly accelerated in the past couple weeks now that I am back at school, and have been getting all/most of my schoolwork done on weekdays to leave weekends free. I have done a lot more work on the distant mountain terrain and that is about 80% complete for the route now. This work is time consuming because of the "skewed" world of MSTS where North-South and East-West do not line up as they do in real life. I thus have to spend a lot of time skewing the different aerial images so the corners line up correctly and so that the tracks and roads on the aerial images line up with those already in place in the route.

By far the biggest portion of the recent work has been building 3D models of industries. Recently I was working on the ConocoPhillips facility in Missoula, which is a real PITA due to complexity of the pipes and especially the hoses and equipment used in loading the tankcars. As I wait on some detail photos from a friend in Missoula, I am moving ahead to building other industries including Roseburg Lumber, in which I plan to have a fairly detailed interior for the plant where they load boxcars.

At the same time, someone else at TS is moving forward with engines and rolling stock and even some help with route objects, and we are working fairly close to ensure we are most efficiently using our available time. This help should allow the route to get done much sooner. I am still hesitant to announce any expected completion date because of so many unknowns, so all I can say is that we are getting close now.
    ~Sean Kelly~

MRL Mullan Pass for ORTS

Wooohooooo!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

You may have to repost some or all of your images, Sean, since Phoshmucket has changed their rules.
    Cheers!
    Marc - 3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature