Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MRL Mullan Pass Official Thread

Holy smokes - those shots are terrific! Looks like I'm going to have to read up on this sub - I may have found a new favorite.
    Cheers!
    Marc - 3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

2. Default

Great work, Sean.

Quote Originally Posted by ragtimer View Post
    "entirely objects from SLI routes and handmade objects of my own, so there is no chance of a freeware release of this route."

Great,so this is a real tease."Look at what I have but I cannot share it".How about releasing it without the shape and texture files of the SLI items but with a list with instructions as to which routes to get them from?
    That would really help those of us without the expertise of route building who would like to see the MRL in MSTS,especially of the obvious quality of this route.
    I agree. I've seen quite a few routes announced, but people say that because it uses some payware textures and shapes that it cannot be released. I've never understood this myself.

There's nothing preventing folks from buying the necessary routes and manually adding in the shapes and textures.
    Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show

Agree, Nick. It's also hard when I know I have much, if not all of the payware items used because i own many of the payware routes and can't get at these. Furthermore, as applies to enhamced routes, if someone has purchased a standard route from a payware vendor, all of a sudden, it doesn't look so good anymore and people get discouraged.

That's not to say it's wrong to post upgraded routes, etc. I personally love to see the pictures. It's just a byproduct of the human desire for something better than what you got.
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

Quote Originally Posted by Train-a-Mania View Post
    Great work, Sean.

I agree. I've seen quite a few routes announced, but people say that because it uses some payware textures and shapes that it cannot be released. I've never understood this myself.

There's nothing preventing folks from buying the necessary routes and manually adding in the shapes and textures.
    Well said Nick. We already do the same thing with repainted of payware locomotives and stock.
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there's footsteps on the moon..

--Josh--

And you could always ask someone to write a bat-file that can copy the required shapes and textures from the Streamlines routes to this OUTSTANDING MRL route... But that's your decision...

Great work, Sean! Keep the pics coming!

Quote Originally Posted by PerryPlatypus View Post
    I am using entirely objects from SLI routes and handmade objects of my own, so there is no chance of a freeware release of this route.
    Maybe this means it will be released as payware through SLI??
    Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by elitedubs View Post
    Maybe this means it will be released as payware through SLI??
    ^ What he said.

Thank you Marc. The line is Montana Rail Link's 3rd Subdivision, very scenic, as are the railroads 4th and 10th Subdivisons.
    Last edited by PerryPlatypus; 12-10-2012 at 06:30 PM.
    ~Sean Kelly~

MRL Mullan Pass for ORTS

Hi Sean,

I forgot that I had an MRL modeling site that focuses on the points between Helena and Thompson Falls. I always thought the area interesting, but not until I saw your shots that went to read more about the ex-BN/nee-NP line. Great choice for a route, which should provide tons of historic or modern ops opportunities.
    Cheers!

Signature

For those interested, here's the MRL modeling link:

http://www.mrlmodeler.com/MRL_Modeler.html

Neat layout.
    Cheers!

Signature

A few to show the recent work going on. Track is being laid down into Helena, and in the mean time, I'm putting in scenery from Helena Jct. to Tobin before heading into the intense urban scenery of Helena.
    A westbound stack begins its assault on Mullan Pass, just about to hit the swithc at Tobin, the beginning of single track.

Note that the distant mountains only extend a few miles from the track for the mean time; true "distant" mountains will be added at a later time.
    ~Sean Kelly~

MRL Mullan Pass for ORTS