Thread: Screenshot feature not working for me in OR

Default Screenshot feature not working for me in OR

I hit PRINT SCREEN and nothing really happens. The game pauses for a second but no pictures ever show up anywhere. What the heck am I doing wrong? Print Screen works fine when running the Normal MSTS but not when I run OR.

Look in your My Pictures folder for an OpenRails subfolder... at least that's where mine have been going.

Something else to consider is a third party app. I've been using Wisdom-soft's Screen Hunter (free version) for a while, and am quite happy with it. You can set up a hotkey combination to work in any application, and it writes out to a single directory for screen grabs. There's a choice of grabbing the full screen or just the active window, with or without mouse.

There are dozens of other apps that do the same thing... this is the one I stumbled upon for work, and it carries over quite nicely for play.

After some digging I found out that I needed to hit the 'Windows' button and the Print Screen button at the same time. Now I have an Open Rails folder in my Pictures folder. Maybe this needs to be made note of on the F1 screen?

Open Rails takes the screenshot when you press Print Screen on its own; it does not need a modifier. However, it seems that in fullscreen there is reasonable of interference from something else (I'm not sure what yet, it might vary by Windows version or graphics card/drivers) which prevents Open Rails even seeing the key press, even though Windows still takes the screenshot (and puts it on the clipboard).
    James Ross
    Open Rails Management Team

Having spent a few hours fiddling with various keyboard things, I believe I have fixed the problem with Print Screen in fullscreen. I still don't know what's eating the key through the normal input channels, but I have added a special check just for Print Screen using a different API that seems to be unaffected. The fix is in V1375 and should be in the next experimental build.
    James Ross
    Open Rails Management Team