Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Snarky A Dirty Word?

Exclamation Is Snarky A Dirty Word?

I posted a question on Run 8's forum yesterday regarding Nvidia and Radeon when used with Run 8.

The answer, as posted by Moderator Brad was "reinstall your old card."

I then made the comment about his answer being "snarky" and could he give me some advice.

This morning, Brad the Censor has apparently deleted my post.

What country is this? I followed their "rules." Is Snarky now one of the seven words you can't say on Run 8's forum?

Robert

P.S. I think Run 8 lacks, both in the video - looks like a cross between Trainz and MSTS - and not being able to save a run in progress, i.e. if you're on a hill you lose when opening the saved file.

Now we can see what it really means to live in a country without Censorship. I have an opinion, which anybody can agree or disagree with. Once your Freedom of Speech is gone, what do you have?

Snarky means; Irritable or short-tempered; irascible according to American Heritage Dictionary.

I dunno what to tell you because I am not a member of their forum or do I have the game. I'm not interested in Run8, no thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [URL="https://www.facebook.com/ken.plaza.9"]My Facebook Page
    [/URL][URL="http://jeffreywimberly.proboards.com/"]Rails of the World Forum
    [/URL][URL="http://frankoburns.proboards.com/"]Mophouse-MLTDownloads Froum[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by bnsf1959 View Post
    Snarky means; Irritable or short-tempered; irascible according to American Heritage Dictionary.

I dunno what to tell you because I am not a member of their forum or do I have the game. I'm not interested in Run8, no thanks.
    Interesting - I use "Snarky" in reference to somebody who's trying to be "cute" i.e. let's talk about something important in a joking manner. Think of Stephen Colbert.

Another definition of snarky is ......Rudely sarcastic or disrespectful; snide.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Snark evolved as a meshing of the words snide and sarcasm.

Actually that is probably his dry sense of humor (at least I think because I have one myself). I believe the video card you got is not as good. Don't know that for sure but you may want to check a baseline comparison to see for yourself.

As for the freedom of speech your on his server, he can do whatever he wants. I get my posts deleted if it's not in line that is his choice. I have 2 choices, put up with it or go elsewhere just like everyone else.

If you want to save do what the prototype does and actually go into a siding for a crew change (or the mainline). Being on a hill just means that you have to start up your engines and know how to get going when your on that hill. There are tutorials on how to do that right in the help file.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by ForestHIllsRob View Post
    Interesting - I use "Snarky" in reference to somebody who's trying to be "cute" i.e. let's talk about something important in a joking manner. Think of Stephen Colbert.
    Colbert is doing a parody of "snarky".

EDIT: Mr. Burns of the Simpsons attitude towards the "unwashed masses" is snarky.

Harold
    Last edited by hminky; 12-19-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    Actually that is probably his dry sense of humor (at least I think because I have one myself). I believe the video card you got is not as good. Don't know that for sure but you may want to check a baseline comparison to see for yourself.

As for the freedom of speech your on his server, he can do whatever he wants. I get my posts deleted if it's not in line that is his choice. I have 2 choices, put up with it or go elsewhere just like everyone else.

If you want to save do what the prototype does and actually go into a siding for a crew change (or the mainline). Being on a hill just means that you have to start up your engines and know how to get going when your on that hill. There are tutorials on how to do that right in the help file.

Thanks

Sean
    Hey Sean:

I checked and the HD 6670 is rated higher than the 9800 GT. I can tell you the memory bandwidth is higher on the Nvidia card, so that may be the issue.

You're correct about the forum being his. I respect that, but everything that's posted can't be positive. Otherwise, it's a sham.

Question for you - Is there a way when going into a saved run to avoid having to turn on the eot device? Is there a one-key way to get there, or will there be in the future? Many times you get to the back, and clicking on the end coupler doesn't work.

BTW, good point about taking the siding.

Robert

Clicking on the coupler, or the engines, or the hand-throws for that matter, was a problem for me on day 1. Thanks to help in the Run8 forum that same day, I learned that I needed to be in full screen, and I've had no problems since. The November update also made it easier in windowed mode, which I stay in most of the time now. Another save tip...NEVER save if any part of your train is on a switch. And it would probably help if you had a chance to talk to Brad with TS in a session. I and many others have had the chance to do that literally dozens of times over the last month or so that he has been a regular client in user sessions. I've made at least one host mad with my talk about TS, but the fact is getting to know the other people in a session has made me a lot more friends than the enemies that my occasional textual snark here or elsewhere has.
    Last edited by flarrfan2; 12-19-2012 at 05:10 PM.

Freedom of Speech? Let's see.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    I don't see anything in there that says a forum owner has to allow you to say whatever you want.