Thread: Union Pacific EMD SD45

Default Union Pacific EMD SD45

Downloaded this locomotive yesterday and what a beauty it is, made by DigitalTrainModel - It has a fully detailed cab interior with full lighting, including instrument, numberboard and platform lights. Also has opening cab doors and windows. It sounds great, physics look good and has freight rolling stock and operates in five scenarios on the Sherman Hill Route.

Hear hear ! Waiting for more reskins to show up though.. We really need an SP SD45 reskin now that Donner Pass enhancement pack is only hours away.. Anyways, bravo to DigitalTrainModel !

Does it have a setup position on the dynamic brakes?

Default Re: Union Pacific EMD SD45

Dont know about dynamics but now we have starting procedures like flight sim nice

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, it has a separate selector lever ( power, off and dynamic ) and an indicator showing the position of the selector handle. This handle can be moved manually with the mouse, or you may use the keyboard controls using the I and K buttons. You may also use the F4 HUD as per any other loco to bring the dynamic brakes into operation. The dynamic brakes are pretty efficient on this loco.

So if you are under power, and you go to idle, wait 10 seconds then go to dynamic brakes, is there an additional 10 second delay like all the other railworks locos? Or did someone actually get this right for once? If you are in dynamic brakes, can you reduce the braking effort to 0 without going back to idle?

The dynamic brakes are broken on this engine. As soon as they apply you get massive wheel slip because the brakes come on at over 1000 amps no matter if the handle is at 5 percent. It's the same thing for the DD 40 that was made by the same company. I already posted a thread about the subject and while some on this forum sent me a fix to try and fix it, it doesn't work with the last update of the game.

My apologies, traingp7 is correct about the dynamic brakes not functioning like they should. I drove the loco using the outside view a couple of times so I did not get to see the wheel slip indicator or the amp gauge and assumed it was working ok - a case of putting my mouth into gear without first engaging my brain ! Thanks for alerting us.

@charlesowen, I agree, i just purchased this pack and it is OUTSTANDING.

Quote Originally Posted by tmaxim View Post
    Hear hear ! Waiting for more reskins to show up though.. We really need an SP SD45 reskin now that Donner Pass enhancement pack is only hours away.. Anyways, bravo to DigitalTrainModel !
    What about SPSF?
    Cloud Simulator 2k15