Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Donating.

Default Donating.

Hey, everyone! Long time no see! So let me get right to it... this has been a tough decision to make but I am going to make available (for free) some work that I did for SLI. It has been over 2 years since I have received payment for the work I completed. And my models continue to be used and re-used without the compensation that was agreed upon. Not trying to air out dirty laundry - just giving a back story and explain the reason for this. The stipulations of our agreement were that I maintain the rights to my work but SLI has the right to sell the work as well... So I am taking the work I did and giving it away. I'm not get paid anyway.

I won't be uploading the files here though. Just PM me and let me know what you want! The files won't contain physics files or sounds. Just the model and textures.

I will also be making available the work that I did for MSTS2 (that SLI is also currently selling without notifying me or compensation)... just need to get the models exported.

I have no other recourse as my attempts to contact SLI has gone unanswered.
    Thanks and happy new year!

=goldenpig
    Attached Images Attached Images
    : DBeck
    =|Goldenpig
    www.facebook.com/dannybeckart

And just so I am clear and to reiterate - I do have the rights to do with these models whatever I wish. I'm not saying SLI wasn't given permission to sell and redistribute them, I just have not been payed as agreed. And I am only offering the MSTS export files. Not source files.
    =|Goldenpig

you mean I cant get the source files ? the heck with that....... Nice job man on all your past work, we miss you around here man.

Damn! You KNOW things have gotten out of hand when SLI rips off THE Danny Beck! I agree with Bullets, we SURE miss you and your talent.

Glad you have decided to speak up on this Danny, maybe it will open many blind eyes we have towards them and their products. Glad to also see you are willing to work with the community on what they wish to get from you. Sorry to hear about the problems though of not being paid, that is selfish in so many ways while the rest make the money off YOUR hard work.

btw, your PM box is full.
    Last edited by PORU333; 01-04-2013 at 10:39 PM.

I'm sorry to hear that, it really sucks. I will be having seconds thoughts were I spend my money in the future.

Great to hear from you again Danny. We've all missed you, especially we SP fans! Honestly Danny, I can't figure out how you're so good at painting SP trains. I can't for the life of me paint them nearly as good as you!

And don't worry Danny, you're not the only one.
    Southern Pacific Transportation Company

Thanks so much for the support you guys it means a lot to me.
    I've missed you all too! and as soon as I figure out how to get a model into Railworks TS you'll be seeing a lot more of me!

So it appears my inbox is full. Heheh I still have quite a number of emails to respond to so be hang in there and I promise I will get to each one. In the meantime feel free to message me at [email protected]
    =|Goldenpig

Welcome back, Danny. As far as not getting replies back from the current SLI staff, that makes you and everyone else. It seems no emails to them get answered. A quick search through this forum and others will reveal the plethora of such unanswered emails. I imagine you're getting messages and emails by the boat load about now but would you happen to have a list of your offerings? I remember you once had a website with a large collection of photos of your models, but it seems to have disappeared.
    Thom
    <b><font size=1><font color=Navy><a href=http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t159/CRQ5508/Random%20Stuff/CRQ5508.jpg target=_blank>http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...ff/CRQ5508.jpg</a></font></font></b>
    Norfolk Southern: It looks like Darth Vader on rails to me.