Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official - Snarky Is Now One Of the 8 Words

Exclamation It's Official - Snarky Is Now One Of the 8 Words

A word of warning to those of you who think they can ask questions about Run 8 - you can't.

Without a word of warning or an answer to my e-mail, I've been banned from the forum.

Keep in mind, unlike this forum, you must log-in to even look at their forum. Therefore, someone like me who bought a license to use the program - you don't own anything these days, but we can deal with that separately - is blocked from information posted by other users.

Keep in mind, I didn't bash the program, nor did I say any of the famous 7 words. I questioned why the forum was being monitored like we're a bunch of kids out to play a trick.

Yes, it's their forum, but not being able to say anything even on another forum goes too far. I'm not ready to live in China.

I don't want a refund, as I plan to continue using the program. I do however want access to any updates, which I'm entitled to by the license I agreed to.

Any thoughts/feedback would be great.

BTW, I think it was ridiculous to use an MSTS circa 2001 look - isn't this 2013?

Robert

I just moved on after I couldn't access their forums.

I was one of the first 25 on the forum and defended the product in the beginning.

I just lost access, no return emails, no resetting of my password.

Just a $40 lesson.

Harold

Harold:

What exactly did you say? If Microsoft could take away licenses like this, we'd all be using Mac's.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by ForestHIllsRob View Post
    Harold:

What exactly did you say? If Microsoft could take away licenses like this, we'd all be using Mac's.

Robert
    I didn't say anything. They made the forum a closed forum and I couldn't access it.

Wouldn't recognize my email address. Re-registered and heard nothing. E-mailed them heard nothing.

Just moved on, there are too many aggravations to worry about Run8.

The forum rules say: if they don't like you, Run8 can remove members from the forum.

I really don't care.

Harold

Quote Originally Posted by hminky View Post
    I didn't say anything. They made the forum a closed forum and I couldn't access it.

Wouldn't recognize my email address. Re-registered and heard nothing. E-mailed them heard nothing.

Just moved on, there are too many aggravations to worry about Run8.

Harold
    Ditto for me, exactly the same circumstances.

I should have known it was too good to be true.

Robert
    Last edited by ForestHIllsRob; 01-08-2013 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Spelling

Why is "snarky" a banned word over there? It's not even considered vulgar over here! Forget me ever joining that forum.
    Last edited by mipman25; 01-08-2013 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mc130fox View Post
    Their forums; their rules.

Updates are found here: http://www.run8studios.com/updates_dlc.shtml
    Mark:

Quote: Their forums; their rules.

I didn't say anything negative on THEIR magnificent forum. I asked some questions here.

So you're telling me that posting anything, anywhere, which Run8 deems no good, disqualifies you or I from using their forum?

Does it also disqualify you from using the product, and getting updates? If yes, then we should all turn in our Microsoft licenses.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by ForestHIllsRob View Post
    Does it also disqualify you from using the product, and getting updates? If yes, then we should all turn in our Microsoft licenses.
    You can still get the updates and use the product.

Harold

Quote Originally Posted by hminky View Post
    You can still get the updates and use the product.

Harold
    There's another thread dealing with this, where Brad issued the "non-compliant" Run8 user a $40 refund, and demanded he take the program off his computer.

I'm trying to figure out if we've come to this, where we neither "own" the software, or have any right to criticize the product.

I hope you tell me that's not the case, but I fear the worst here.

Robert

So what are the 8 words you can't say on Run 8? Are they not appropriate to post here?