Thread: Can't Launch Run 8

Default Can't Launch Run 8

Hello,

I just bought Run 8 and installed, when I click on the shortcut it asks for permission, I click OK and it instantly bombs with a Run 8 stopped working message. I have allowed Windows to search for a solution to no avail.

My specs are:-
    Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1 x64
    Processor : AMD FX 4100 quad core at 3.60 ghz
    8 GBs DDR3 Ram
    Graphics : Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti

I hope I have missed something simple to get it to work and I have not just wasted my 25 or so GBP on something that won't work on my system?

Many thanks in advance

Richard

If my memory serves me right, I had the same problem. Right click on the shortcut and run as administrator.....works for me.

Ha.... your first post after 2 1/2 years as a member. Interesting.
    Last edited by GS kid; 01-13-2013 at 06:29 PM.
    EMD 2-strokes rule! My all-time favorite:SD45X I also like SD40-2/SD40T-2/SD45-2/SD45T-2/DD35A/DDA40X/SD70ACe/SD80ACe
    i7-7700HQ // 16GB DDR4 // GTX 1080 // 2TB SSD + 1TB HD // 17" 144Hz FHD w/G-Sync // TS2021 // TSW // T:ANE // Run 8 V2

Quote Originally Posted by GS kid View Post
    Ha.... your first post after 2 1/2 years as a member. Interesting.
    Not all that unusual, actually. Some people sign up just to use the file library and never touch the forums. I was a member for five or six years before my first post, but that was back when there were separate logins.

Have you installed the XNA plug in? If XNA is not on your PC, R8 will exit when attempting to start the game. The installer is located in the root directory for Run 8, so use Windows Explorer to navigate to wherever you installed it and run XNA from there.

Yeah I forgot about XNA. I knew to install it, so it was never an issue for me. But it is required by Run 8, so I could see some people forgetting to install it.

One weird quirk that's happened to me a few times is Run 8 crashing shortly after closing the program. I get the windows app crash dialog box asking if I want to close it. No biggie, but certainly odd.
    EMD 2-strokes rule! My all-time favorite:SD45X I also like SD40-2/SD40T-2/SD45-2/SD45T-2/DD35A/DDA40X/SD70ACe/SD80ACe
    i7-7700HQ // 16GB DDR4 // GTX 1080 // 2TB SSD + 1TB HD // 17" 144Hz FHD w/G-Sync // TS2021 // TSW // T:ANE // Run 8 V2

Thanks Guys :-) Yes it was XNA, installed and all works now. Thank-you for your help. I joined to use the file library originally, there were some RW items of interest here along with many MSTS items of interest. I got Run 8 for something of a challenge, learning the proceedures and such like of US railroading in detail as long heavy freights over tough gradients is enjoyable to me.

Thanks again for your help guys.

Richard