Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I build a consist in TS 2013?

Question How do I build a consist in TS 2013?

Would someone be able to explain to me in detail how to build a consist in Railworks 3 (TS 2013)? I can't seem to find much help with this elsewhere.

There is nothing out there that I can find that relates with Railworks 2013. Everything on building scenarios and making consists is from Rail Simulator 2 back about 2008/9. Rail Simulator.com says that they are working on updating the tutorial to cover scenarios and consists, but it is not out yet. You would think that they would get that out very soon since the more scenarios put out for download will mean more sales of other products. I think they are now referring to Railworks 2013 as version 4.

Bob Edwards

In terms of getting rolling stock on the track, it is the same as Rail Simulator, i.e. enable the providers, select the item(s) from the pull out menu and plonk them on the track in the 3D section of the scenario editor.

If you navigate to the "Manuals" section of your RW install, there are several pdf documents there which explain processes - the "RW Creator Manual" includes a section on setting up scenarios and there is a further manual regarding "Timetable View". Strongly suggest the OP reads these first then if still stuck, comes back.

Vern,
    Can you give us some tips on how to enable providers? I have at least got a player train on a route with a destination. Will start working on AI traffic later, but want to make sure that the rolling stock I have installed using the Package Manager is all that needs to be done and that they will show up in the list of wagons and engines.

Thanks.

Bob Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by oakpalms View Post
    Vern,
    Can you give us some tips on how to enable providers? ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8LF...e=results_main

This hasn't been much help... I was looking to find out how to build a consist that I can select for use in the Quick Drive menu.

Quote Originally Posted by PRR4435 View Post
    This hasn't been much help... I was looking to find out how to build a consist that I can select for use in the Quick Drive menu.
    Send an e-mail to
    [email protected] and ask them how you can create a consist so that it shows in the TS-2013 QUICK DRIVE TRAINS option.

I created one yesterday in the Seeberg Bahn route and the E-loco used by it does not show in it, neither do other locos !

O t t o

Quote Originally Posted by PRR4435 View Post
    ... I was looking to find out how to build a consist that I can select for use in the Quick Drive menu.
    Perhaps you should have mentioned that in your original post.

I found this tutorial on making trains run using the Quick Drive: http://www.christrains.com/ts2012_faq_quickdrive.html

Bob Edwards

Thanks for the help... All though the guy who wrote those instructions has me confused, because he suddenly says to go to the Blueprint editor, and I have absolutely no idea what that is and where to find it.