Thread: RTS Wednesday

Default RTS Wednesday

Just a heads up, despite being a weekday I'm going to try and make a go at this again. In theory I can be available as early as 10:00 EST, 07:00 PST, 15:00 UT for as late as 02:00 EST, 23:00 PST, 07:00 UT though I certainly won't be dispatching for that long if at all.

Because of the continuous changing nature of RTS 24/7, I can't guarantee trains. You should have no problem spawning any train below 8000 feet regardless if given ample notice. If (or when you become) an RTS member, send me a message at any forum this is posted at and I will update. It's important you give an idea of what time your looking at running. If I can guarantee a minimum of 6 trains in a time period prior to Wednesday I'll gladly dispatch for that time period, and if the numbers look poor I'll probably sleep in. The following pools should be available, though particular trains may not be available if already out etc.

This is a text required dispatched session, teamspeak optional. I can monitor any communications but will not transmit on my TS server.

BNSF Bakersfield, UP Bakersfield, BNSF Barstow, UP Yermo, UP West Colton: IM, Manifest, Road Freight
    BNSF Bakersfield Yard, UP Bakersfield Yard, SJVR Bakersfield Yard, UP Mojave Yard, BNSF Barstow Yard: Edison Local, Tehachipi Turn, Boron Local, Yard Jobs

The more I know ahead of time, I can try and ensure on Tuesday night to have as much ready an in position. If I can't get 6 in a reasonable time period it will not be dispatched and remain in anarchy. Password will change only if we go into an actual session and be provided to participants only. When 24/7 anarchy resumes all passwords will sent out to RTS members.

Again reply with estimate time if interested. Information for non-members is available at my website. I'll also try for a Friday and/or Saturday session next weekend. Sunday a big session is available on Captain's server.

Thanks

Sean

There are two other 24/7 servers, including one that featured 13 trains running last night, with speed restrictions, work zones, track warrants, three yardmasters and a trainmaster conducting banner tests. If you would like IP's for these servers and you are serious about running trains realistically and not just playing around, send me a PM and I'll fill in the details for you. And captainford's next mega-session is Saturday, not Sunday. Have a feeling lots of folks prefer other activities on that particular Sunday, especially later in the day.

Well not sure if that was an organised session or not on one of those servers. But my little 4 users were on the other night where a webcam showed 0 on on the other. Other than clarifying Saturday as being Captain's session not sure what that has to do with my session on Wednesday.

I'm not out to compete with other servers so Saturday I will not be posting anything, but keeping it open for those that want to use it. As for the interest in a football game, I haven't watched any all year and could care less what the media magnet brings us. It's about as interesting as watching a stupid ball drop in Times Square for me.

So regardless of what else is going on in the world, I'll be running trains Wednesday and next weekend. I'm ordering a PPV tonight with a friend coming over which will be more exciting than any million dollar commercials I fast forward through anyways, or a score of teams I could care less But if that makes other's happy that is cool, I'll be running trains or on the internet.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    Well not sure if that was an organised session or not on one of those servers. But my little 4 users were on the other night where a webcam showed 0 on on the other.
    Just wanted to clarify that Run8 MP sessions remain popular and sometimes filled to capacity in the evening hours, contrary to impressions that might otherwise be left here. Ran end-to-end today with up to eight other trains running. Some servers just don't advertise their IP to any and all. At least until we get the promised update with avatar tags and logging to deter the trolls, the most popular server remains invitation only.

There must be another server running that I'm not aware of (perhaps it's a real secret society haha). From what I understood Captain's was the busy popular server not too long ago. Unless he is running 2 servers (I believe he took away the password too) his screen shot has been less active than mine. Other servers are also doing worse than me.

Now I'm not bragging by any means because I'm long past the glory days. But I take it there must be some private sessions going on? You got guys looking to join servers and can't find action including my server which stays active but in very low numbers. Then others professing they just been on a session with over a dozen members?

I'm sorry I don't have any trolls, simply because I monitor and password protect it. I wish these servers nothing but the best. I know sessions that are listed well in advance with limited requirements to get on board are doing well. But it looks to me that the secret handshake that I was so accused of being responsible for is in fact a server that is private, invitation only, and not advertised. Again nothing wrong with that, if it works and a group of individuals is happy, more power to them.

But what is available to the public from my vantage point doesn't seem to busy to me unless it's an organised session, listed well in advance. If no sessions are really advertised like tonight for example, you have people that don't know where to turn to. Nice that people get invitations, but from what I'm seeing more people don't know where to go thus it's pretty dead for them understandably. Take a look at the thread on the forum posted tonight on Run8 asking for any sessions tonight? I said I had a couple on, the other guy said it's pretty dead, and then someone else said he was just on a session with a dozen (but doesn't say what or where).

Thanks

Sean

Okay, the server host has posted the TS IP on the Run8 forum, and going there will get you the server IP. Again, in the interest of keeping the trolls out, I will be glad to provide the TS server IP to anyone who sends me a PM here and demonstrates a willingness to run seriously and prototypically within the server rules. Even if you are anti-TS, you can listen in and still run and text without a mike. We have several regulars who do that. And the server hosts do not tolerate trolls, though we've tried to be kind to newbies if they return the favor. If they don't, we have banner tests and signal checks for them

I seen his post of a 24/7 server and I personally didn't understand it until it was explained to me on the forum this morning. I guess the captain is in the same boat as I am when it comes to 24/7 Again I don't have trolls, just a few SPECIAL individuals that need to be monitored and reminded. But it looks like the days of me hosting an organised session as I've said before is pretty much over.

But back on the subject at hand if I get some replies to the people who DO use my server quite a bit then I'll be glad to dispatch on Wednesday.

Thanks

Sean

IMG_32033.jpg

Photo taken of a session from the other day.
    Work Safe play hard

Very Nice! I'll be a client come spring time and join in on the action.

OK so this is an update of what I have so far for Wednesday

OK so far I have 2

DPB: 19:00 PST / 22:00 EST / 03:00 UT until duration (heavy train)
    SAB: no specifics specified

Still need more to dispatch, otherwise I'll join you and others in anarchy mode.

Thanks

Sean