Thread: Unofficial Faults List Translation

Default Unofficial Faults List Translation

The list of faults and emergencies that can be triggered is included with the ZDSimulator demo download, but it's not yet translated. I spent a little time with machine translation and common-sense editing to come up with an unofficial English version. At some point, I'm sure a better one will come along, but this might do for now. I can update it if anyone figures out better translations for some of the abbreviations, or particularly obtuse ones. (My favorite is #51 which works out to << Appearance of sign in 1000m "Infected" >>. Biohazard/spill site?)

Anyway, I posted the list up for download on my blog site here.

MSTS-Roundhouse

On hiatus and moving to a new host -- Probably in 2021
    (Because 2020 has turned out to be b0rked beyond belief...
    )

Thanks for reporting that, it'd been overlooked. We'll correct it in the next version. That is a list of contingencies.

Wonderful blog post by the way, good read.
    ZDSimulator Developer Team
    www.zdsimulator.eu

Quote Originally Posted by EricF View Post
    ....Anyway, I posted the list up for download on my blog site here.
    Many thanks for that, Ed. Most useful.
    Might I suggest that it be made available as a PDF rather than (or as well as) the DOC format?

Regards,
    Bruce

I can do that... might have to wait a day or two, or until the weekend, though. Much as I'm not a cheering section for MS Office and other software, leaving it in Word is handy, as it's the same as the original and it can be updated anytime a better translation can be figured out. And .DOC format can be opened by most word-proccesor software, like Pages on my Mac and all the flavors of OpenOffice. I have a simple PDF generator, though, so I can just have it spit out another PDF if the Word doc gets an update.

If I have a plan at all on this, once an official translation is out, I may replace this with the official version plus some annotations for folks who might not be as familiar with the little differences between railroading in Europe vs. North America. Just a little extra for the community.

MSTS-Roundhouse

)

I can do that... might have to wait a day or two, or until the weekend, though. ....
    No rush.....thanks for the consideration.
    As a personal "like", I just prefer downloading docs in PDF rather than DOC.

Also, I referred to you as "Ed". Sorry, Eric.

Bruce

No problem -- I'll probably answer to "Hey you!" and just about anything else!

I generated a PDF version and put a link in this morning. Busy week with the snowstorm and a whole family down with the flu... I never even turned the computer on except to look at the weather forecasts!

MSTS-Roundhouse

)

how much snow did you get?

I generated a PDF version and put a link in this morning. Busy week with the snowstorm and a whole family down with the flu... I never even turned the computer on except to look at the weather forecasts!
    Many thanks, Eric.
    I hope that your circumstances are okay following the storm.
    I know what you mean about the computer & weather - I do the same when there are bushfires and floods.

Bruce

I'm in central New Hampshire (USA) and where I live, I must have cleared 12 to 24 inches of snow out of my driveway. Not bad, really, compared to what other areas got. Just no fun when you're fighting the latest bug going 'round.

MSTS-Roundhouse

)

wow!