Thread: RTS - Wed 02/06/13

Default RTS - Wed 02/06/13

Scheduled to run 12 hours Wednesday 11:00 PST, 14:00 EST, 19:00 UT to 23:00 PST, 02:00 EST, 07:00 UT
    Server opened to Full RTS members (see website in signature for details)

Though I've had a TS server up on 24/7 for the past month, I will be dispatching with it (same IP and password) since I found my mic
    TS IS OPTIONAL and I will monitor text as well
    Please use your initials both on TS/Run8(F1 Name option)

Additional info/rules for those using my TeamSpeak server:
    Following are the channels being used
    Lobby
    BNSF Bakersfield Yard
    UP Bakersfield Yard
    Kern Jct to Bena
    Ilmon to Woodford
    Walong to Cable
    Cable Xover to Cameron
    UP Mojave Yard
    Mojave to Silt
    Boron to Barstow
    BNSF Barstow Yard

Changing Channel Zones
    It is recommended that you set up a keybind in Teamspeak that allows you to change channels easily. Overlays are nice but are not required. For example I have CTRL-PGUP to move a channel up and CTRL-PGDN to move a channel down. If you look at the order of the channels they are set up in zones and with a few exceptions are often at the edge of the dispatch display. The purpose of these zones is to isolate chat and allow you to realistically hear people that are close to you. It also isolates dispatcher into towers.

Acceptable use of TeamSpeak
    Because of the zones and probably less traffic you can get away with a FEW casual conversations. However please try to keep non-prototypical conversations to the Lobby channel or text chat only. It is recommended that you call signals that are not clear.

Toning Dispatcher
    You will automatically have crew access when joining. In order to get my attention and in the proper channel you will be required to TONE the dispatcher to speak to me. This is achieved by using DMTF *54 on the radio in the cab. I will then come over to your tower. A text message is also sent where you are in the queue, please be patient.

Trains Available - Bid Process
    Train Pools lengths and HP/Ton available on my website
    BNSF Bakersfield Yard Crew (May also run interchanges to SJVR Kern Jct and West)
    BNSF Bakersfield Edison Local
    BNSF Bakersfield Manifest to Barstow (M-STOBAR, H-PASBAR, H-MODSEL, M-MODBAR, M-BAKBAR, X-RICCNB)
    BNSF Bakersiield IM to Barstow (Q-STOCHI, Z-FRSCHI, Q-RICALT)
    UP Bakersfield Yard Crew (May also run interchanges to BNSF)
    UP Bakersfield Edison Local
    UP Bakersfield Road Switcher to West Colton (Fleta) (M-BKWC with work at Mojave)
    UP Bakersfield Manfiest to Yermo (Barstow) (MBKYR, MFRYR)
    UP Bakersfield Manifest to West Colton (Fleta) (MRVEP1, MFRWC)
    UP Bakersfield IM to West Colton (Fleta) (ZEUCC)
    UP Bakersfield IM to Yermo (Barstow) (IOASC)
    SJVR Bakersfield Yard Crew (May also run interchanges to SJVR Magunden and North)
    UP Mojave Yard Crew (May also run interchanges to Lone Pine and Oak Creek)
    UP Mojave Tehachipi Turn
    UP West Colton (Fleta) Road Switcher (M-WCBK with work at Mojave)
    UP West Colton (Fleta) IM (ZCCEU, ILBOA)
    US Borax Switcher
    BNSF Barstow Yard Crew(s)
    BNSF Barstow Boron Local
    BNSF Barstow Manifest to Bakersfield (G-MTLSWA, M-BARBAK, G-CNBRIC, G-JSDKIN, G-BARSTO, M-BARRIC)
    BNSF Barstow IM to Bakersfield (Q-CHIOIG, Z-PRIDNA, Q-CHISTO, Z-WSPSTO)
    UP Yermo (Barstow) Manifest to Bakersfield (MLVFR)
    UP Yermo (Barstow) Road Switcher to Bakersfield (MYRBK with work at Mojave)
    UP Yermo (Barstow) IM to Bakersfield (IGB10A,QYMFR2)
    Any other trains can be spawned on advance notice. Some trains will also be available on the mainline for shorter runs or extra board etc.

Bid Process
    Reply to this message on Run8, Train-Sim, or RTS
    Please indicate approximate start time and length of time available for planning purposes.
    Bids will be accepted up to about an hour before start time.
    E-mail will be sent out to all members who have bid provided there is enough members to warrant a session (at least 6 running at any given time).
    I may make a go or no go decision and announce after midnight Wednesday.

Next planned session
    Planning on next session 2 weekends from now on either a full Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (pending any other announced sessions)

Thanks

Sean

Update so far

BNSF Bakersfield Yard Crew (May also run interchanges to SJVR Kern Jct and West)
    BNSF Bakersfield Manifest to Barstow (M-STOBAR, H-PASBAR, H-MODSEL, M-MODBAR, M-BAKBAR, X-RICCNB)
    BNSF Bakersiield IM to Barstow (Q-STOCHI, Q-RICALT) Z-FRSCHI (66-11:00PST)
    UP Bakersfield Road Switcher to West Colton (Fleta) (M-BKWC with work at Mojave)
    UP Bakersfield Manifest to West Colton (Fleta) (MFRWC) MRVEP1(RjB-11:30PST,3-4hrs)
    SJVR Bakersfield Yard Crew (May also run interchanges to SJVR Magunden and North)
    UP Mojave Tehachipi Turn
    UP West Colton (Fleta) IM (ZCCEU, ILBOA)
    US Borax Switcher
    BNSF Barstow Boron Local
    BNSF Barstow Manifest to Bakersfield (G-MTLSWA, M-BARBAK, G-CNBRIC, G-JSDKIN, G-BARSTO, M-BARRIC)
    BNSF Barstow IM to Bakersfield (Q-CHIOIG, Z-PRIDNA, Q-CHISTO) Z-WSPSTO(GRD-11:00PST,Full Run)
    UP Yermo (Barstow) Road Switcher to Bakersfield MYRBK with work at Mojave(SGM-11:00PST,Full Run)
    Any other trains can be spawned on advance notice. Some trains will also be available on the mainline for shorter runs or extra board etc.

Looks like this is a GO for at least the 1st half of the day. I'll send a final message here instead of an email tomorrow but your trains will be spawned and ready for you.

I will RUN and DISPATCH in DICTATORSHIP MODE probably until 15:00 PST 18:00 EST 01:00 UT unless something drastically changes. I'm also NOT going to change the password so it will be open for walk ins. Anyone already on the line will be good to go, and I'll try and keep my eye open for new stragglers once the session begins. Will not monitor internet during this time as well.

If your looking for trains right off the bat I'll try and keep bidding open until Wednesday 10:30 PST 13:30 EST 18:30 UT

Thanks

Sean

Update as of 22:00 PST Monday

BNSF Bakersiield IM to Barstow (Q-RICALT) Z-FRSCHI (66-11:00PST), Q-STOCHI (TDH-11:05PST Behind FRSCHI, Full Run)
    UP Bakersfield Manifest to West Colton (Fleta) (MFRWC) MRVEP1(RjB-11:30PST,3-4hrs)
    UP Mojave Tehachipi Turn
    UP West Colton (Fleta) IM (ILBOA) ZCCEU (MEC-11:00PST Full Run)
    US Borax Switcher
    BNSF Barstow Boron Local
    BNSF Barstow IM to Bakersfield (Q-CHIOIG, Z-PRIDNA, Q-CHISTO) Z-WSPSTO(GRD-11:00PST,Full Run)
    UP Yermo (Barstow) Road Switcher to Bakersfield MYRBK with work at Mojave(SGM-11:00PST,Full Run)

Looks like this is a GO for at least the 1st half of the day.

Trains bid first will be spawned first, following trains will be spawned immediately following.

At this point I will RUN and DISPATCH in DICTATORSHIP MODE probably until 15:00 PST 18:00 EST 01:00 UT unless something changes in the next 36 hours or so (still available for 12 hours if some traffic is around). I'm also NOT going to change the password so it will be open for walk ins. Anyone already on the line will be good to go, and I'll try and keep my eye open for new stragglers once the session begins. Will not monitor internet during this time as well.

Bidding open until Wednesday 10:30 PST 13:30 EST 18:30 UT

Thanks

Sean

Update as of 22:00 PST Monday

BNSF Bakersiield IM to Barstow (Q-RICALT) Z-FRSCHI (66-11:00PST), Q-STOCHI (TDH-11:05PST Behind FRSCHI, Full Run)
    UP Mojave Tehachipi Turn
    US Borax Switcher
    BNSF Barstow Boron Local

Looks like this is a GO for at least the 1st half of the day.

Trains bid first will be spawned first, following trains will be spawned immediately following.

At this point I will RUN and DISPATCH in DICTATORSHIP MODE probably until 15:00 PST 18:00 EST 01:00 UT unless something changes in the next 36 hours or so (still available for 12 hours if some traffic is around). I'm also NOT going to change the password so it will be open for walk ins. Anyone already on the line will be good to go, and I'll try and keep my eye open for new stragglers once the session begins. Will not monitor internet during this time as well.

Bidding open until Wednesday 10:30 PST 13:30 EST 18:30 UT

Thanks

Sean

Update as of 18:00 PST Wednesday

BNSF Bakersfield Edison Local - Will not be ready until mid afternoon
    BNSF Bakersiield IM to Barstow Z-FRSCHI (66-11:00PST,M2), Q-STOCHI (TDH-11:05PST Behind FRSCHI, Full Run,M2), Q-RICALT (Bmacster?)
    UP Bakersfield Edison Local(Rick80?-Start and then after 17:00PST,550)
    UP Bakersfield Manifest to West Colton (Fleta) (MFRWC) MRVEP1(RjB-11:30PST,3-4hrs,M1)
    UP Mojave Tehachipi Turn
    US Borax Switcher
    BNSF Barstow Boron Local
    BNSF Barstow Manifest to Bakersfield (G-MTLSWA, M-BARBAK, G-JSDKIN, G-BARSTO, M-BARRIC) G-CNBRIC(JDC-13:00-15:00 PST,3-4hrs,I1)
    BNSF Barstow IM to Bakersfield (Z-PRIDNA, Q-CHISTO) Z-WSPSTO(GRD-11:00PST,I3,Full Run) Q-CHIOIG(JMM,I1)
    UP Yermo (Barstow) Road Switcher to Bakersfield MYRBK with work at Mojave

At this point I will RUN and DISPATCH in DICTATORSHIP MODE probably until 15:00 PST 18:00 EST 01:00 UT unless 2nd half continues to grow (currently I know of possibly 2 trains in 2nd half with plenty in 1st). I will be avialable for the 12 hours if enough traffic is available in both halfs. I'm also NOT going to change the password so it will be open for walk ins. Anyone already on the line will be good to go, and I'll try and keep my eye open for new stragglers once the session begins. Will not monitor internet during this time as well.

Bidding open until Wednesday 10:30 PST 13:30 EST 18:30 UT. Keep in mind the window is closing up for road switchers, locals, etc. Letting me know ASAP on these interests I can attempt to get something ready for you. Through trains and yard work is not a problem.

Please ensure you have read the 1st post of this thread on the rules of the session.

Thanks

Sean

Update as of 21:00 PST Tuesday - 10 CONFIRMED - 1 Requested but not confirmed

BNSF Bakersfield Edison Local - Will not be ready until mid afternoon
    BNSF Bakersiield IM to Barstow Z-FRSCHI (66-11:00PST), Q-STOCHI (TDH-11:05PST Behind FRSCHI, Full Run), Q-RICALT (Bmacster?)
    UP Bakersfield Edison Local(RH-Start and then after 17:00PST)
    UP Mojave Tehachipi Turn
    UP West Colton (Fleta) IM ZCCEU (MEC-11:00PST Full Run) ILBOA(DPB-11:05PST following ZCCEU Full Run)
    US Borax Switcher
    BNSF Barstow Boron Local
    BNSF Barstow Manifest to Bakersfield (G-MTLSWA, M-BARBAK, G-JSDKIN, G-BARSTO, M-BARRIC) G-CNBRIC(JDC-13:00-15:00 PST,3-4hrs)
    BNSF Barstow IM to Bakersfield (Z-PRIDNA, Q-CHISTO) Z-WSPSTO(GRD-11:00PST,Full Run) Q-CHIOIG(JMM)
    UP Yermo (Barstow) Road Switcher to Bakersfield MYRBK with work at Mojave

At this point I will RUN and DISPATCH in DICTATORSHIP MODE probably until 15:00 PST 18:00 EST 01:00 UT unless 2nd half continues to grow (currently I know of possibly 2 trains in 2nd half with plenty in 1st). I will be avialable for the

12 hours if enough traffic is available in both halfs. I'm also NOT going to change the password so it will be open for walk ins. Anyone already on the line will be good to go, and I'll try and keep my eye open for new stragglers once

the session begins. Will not monitor internet during this time as well. New entries after bids close can contact me in TS lobby or by text, be patient as it looks like it's going to be busy.

Bidding open until Wednesday 10:30 PST 13:30 EST 18:30 UT. Keep in mind the window is closing up for road switchers, locals, etc. Letting me know ASAP on these interests I can attempt to get something ready for you. Through trains and

yard work is not a problem.

Please ensure you have read the 1st post of this thread on the rules of the session.

Thanks

Sean

P.S. if there is anyone not running a full run that would like their train moved ahead further down the line let me know and I can try to do that for you this evening. This isn't a requirement just opens up the traffic a little more at the terminals as it looks like things are heating up. I have relinquished my original train as well due to the 1st half volume.

Well this tied for the biggest user peak at 13, but by far was the best 6 hours I've run to date. It's all back into anarchy 24/7 now but a few are still moving about. Got to admit the TS was much more realistic then I expected. I think putting everything into towers really enhanced the realism and it got so good reviews today. So yes I'll probably make this a Wednesday session for the rest of this month and early March. Also looking at doing a weekend session to work around the mega session that I'm anticipating will be announced by then.

Thanks

Sean