Thread: View Bug after coupling to part of a consist in Manual Mode

Default View Bug after coupling to part of a consist in Manual Mode

OR Version: X1427
    Route - Pocohontas; Activity - created with Activity Generator; Location - Bluefield yard.

I switch to Manual mode to back up and open a switch to a siding and then enter to pick up 15 cars from a set of 20.
    I connect brake hoses, uncouple unwanted cars, release handbrake.
    Some observations:
    1. The last car shows "State Emergency" until I start to move the cars, then clears to Release.

2. Bug: the Alt-9 and Alt-3 keys to select which car to view are now selecting only the cars that are left in the siding
    that were part of the original consist. I cannot get the 2 or 3-views to show the part with the locomotives.

3. If I now select the 4-view, OR crashes with:
    Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at ORTS.Train.ChangeToNextCab()
    at ORTS.TracksideCamera.Update(ElapsedTime elapsedTime)... etc.

This is reproduceable.
    Sid P.

Hi sidp,

Quote Originally Posted by sidp View Post
    This is reproduceable.
    Thanks for providing all this detail. Being able to reproduce the problem is critical.

Would you mind reporting this bug on the new Open Rails Bug Tracker, please?

This will help us keep track of the bugs reported and you will be notified automatically of progress.

Thanks,

Chris
    OR Dev

Hi sidp,

Quote Originally Posted by cjakeman View Post
    Would you mind reporting this bug on the new Open Rails Bug Tracker, please?
    Moments after I posted, received a message showing you've done exactly that.

Many thanks,

Chris
    OR Dev

Hi All;
    An update for those not reading the Bug site - a quick fix for the problem (at least for the current test versions) is to press the 9-key (Camera Jump Back Player) - this restores the 2 and 3-views to normal.
    Sid P.