Thread: no left cab view

Default no left cab view

I down loaded the CSX ES44 Heritage units and did the patch fix. Since i do not have the cab for the CP ES44 I had to use the BNSF ES44 from the Scenic Sub, but i still had to adjust the cab view. But now I have no view on the left side when I look out the window.
    what would be the number to get this view back in place?
    CSX Heritage cab view.jpg

Can someone explain to me the cab numbering for editing? ( height, side, ) I like to align some cabs but i am not sure what each number set dies.

3 number values, for instance: (2.5 3.4 2.1)
    2.5 is meters right of center of cab (-2.5 would be left of center)
    3.4 is meters above ground
    2.1 is ahead f center of cab. (-2.1 would be behind center, though not sure why this value would ever be a negative)
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Okay this is from the BNSF-ES44S.cvf which i am using in the CSX_ES44AH_Heritage_Series I thought both sides had to be equal numbers I haven't edited the dash 9 side cause I am really confused on the conductor side number being so different than the engineer side.

CabViewFile ( "BNSFES44AC_condview.ace" )
    CabViewWindow ( 0 0 640 480 )
    CabViewWindowFile ( "" )
    Position ( -1 3.9 8.8 )
    Direction ( 5 0 0 )
    CabViewFile ( "Dash9_sideview.ace" )
    CabViewWindow ( 0 0 640 480 )
    CabViewWindowFile ( "" )
    Position ( 1.2 3.9 8.8 )
    Direction ( 8 76 0 )

If I am understanding your request, it would be the position values, which other than the right/left of center, are exactly the same - as they should be.

Also, not sure how you aliased your cab, so the possibility exists that you are missing a /conductor/left sideview .ace in your cabview folder?
    Last edited by qballbandit; 03-09-2013 at 01:16 PM.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Well here the issue, the right side is fine. The left side when you go to look out the window there is none. I posted a picture at the beginning of this thread. I just see wide open space no window or anything. I am guessing at this point that on the engineer side the first position number should be Position ( 1.1 3.9 8.8 ) instead of Position ( 1.2 3.9 8.8 )

The ES44AC cabview from the Scenic Sub route has no left view that looks out of the side window. The left view is looking from the conductor's seat forward in the direction of the tracks. Only the right view is looking through the side window.

In your screenshot no cabview .ace file is displayed. This can not be caused by wrong position or direction numbers in the .cvf file but - as Neil has already pointed out - only by a missing .ace file in your cabview folder or by a mismatch between the name of the .ace file in the .cvf file and the name of the actual .ace file that you have.