Thread: RTS Wed 2/27/13

Default RTS Wed 2/27/13

OK my website is still there but it's not longer a requirement as I refuse to rely on it. That being said there a few positive things that is going to happen this Wednesday 2pm EST (7pm UT) to 2am EST (7am UT).

First what is going to remain the same:
    The session will be Teamspeak Optional, text only always welcome. Channels will be set to regions, but I had recently added a couple of chit chat areas for those that want to have conversations etc.
    The RTS system will be in effect for car control between Bakersfield and BNSF Jct
    Industries and yards will be open (do whatever you want) from BNSF Jct to Barstow

Now what has changed:
    This session simulation time will run between the hours of 06:00 and 18:00
    The session will be live for the entire 12 hours in dictatorship mode under my control the entire time regardless of turnout
    The session will be available to anyone who bids on this session from multiple sources where I post the lineup (you will receive IP and Password as I process requests)
    Complete train availability details will be made available ahead of time due to not being under 24/7 anarchy prior

I'm looking at a few file sharing methods for switch list updates during the session. There are a few things I've seen lately that I like and are far less restrictive then what I had with my website that I'm looking at trying out.

More details will be made available either tomorrow night or Sunday Night

I'm also looking at hosting another 12 hour session next Friday Night. I will purposely set the clock to ensure observance of the nasty full moon on the 29th

Thanks

Sean

Scheduled to run 12 hours Wednesday 14:00 EST(19:00 UT, 06:00 SimTime) to 02:00 EST(07:00 UT, 18:00 SimTime)
    The system clock will run starting before dawn Feb 27th, 2013, 06:00 to 18:00 to maximize daylight running
    A little dark at the start, use your F for flashlight, the sun will be rising shortly
    Will dispatch entire 12 hours regardless of traffic levels (plenty to keep me busy)
    Server opened to ANYONE replying to this message by Wednesday 13:30 EST(18:30 UT)
    After that final lineups will be posted, then I will not be monitoring web traffic to conserve resources

TS IS OPTIONAL and I will monitor text as well.
    IP Address is 173.238.247.145
    Password will be provided by private message at the location they bid from
    Please use your initials both on TS/Run8(F1 Name option).

Additional info/rules for those using my TeamSpeak server:
    Following are the channels being used
    Lobby
    BNSF Bakersfield Yard
    UP Bakersfield Yard
    Kern Jct to Bena
    Ilmon to Woodford
    Walong to Cable
    Cable Xover to Cameron
    UP Mojave Yard
    Mojave to Silt
    Boron to Barstow
    BNSF Barstow Yard
    Chit Chat 1 (A place where people can shoot the breeze)
    Chit Chat 2 (ditto above)

Changing Channel Zones
    It is recommended that you set up a keybind in Teamspeak that allows you to change channels easily. Overlays are nice but are not required. For example I have CTRL-PGUP to move a channel up and CTRL-PGDN to move a channel down. If you look at the order of the channels they are set up in zones and with a few exceptions are often at the edge of the dispatch display. The purpose of these zones is to isolate chat and allow you to realistically hear people that are close to you. It also isolates dispatcher into towers.

Acceptable use of TeamSpeak
    Because of the zones and probably less traffic you can get away with a FEW casual conversations. However please try to keep non-prototypical conversations to the Lobby channel, chit chat channels, or text chat only. It is recommended that you call signals that are not clear.

Toning Dispatcher
    You will automatically have crew access when joining. In order to get my attention and in the proper channel you will be required to TONE the dispatcher to speak to me. This is achieved by using DMTF *54 on the radio in the cab. I will then come over to your tower. A text message is also sent where you are in the queue, please be patient.

Trains Availability, how to bid
    Any switching jobs are as of start of sim 06:00 (14:00EST/19:00UT). In order for some trains to become availalable they will have to be switched in yards first – and will be listed as a prerequisite. Majority of trains listed here that do not switch do not fall into this, and are not an issue. I can also except spawned trains within reasonable power and length not exceeding 8000 feet on advanced notice.

I've also indicated any trains that may require switching via a switch list, or those that can be freely switched. Any train not indicating either does not switch and simply runs from end to end.

Trains & Positions Available

BNSF BAKERSFIELD
    Q-STOCHI IM to Barstow Crew Change, 6049 Feet, 3 HP/Ton
    Z-FRSCHI IM to Barstow Crew Change, 7048 Feet, 3.5 HP/Ton
    Q-RICALT IM to Barstow Crew Change, 5054 Feet, 2.7 HP/Ton
    M-STOBAR Manifest to Barstow Yard, 4137 Feet, 2.9 HP/Ton
    H-PASBAR High Priority Manifest to Barstow Crew Change, 4195 Feet, 2.6 HP/Ton
    H-MODSEL Manifest to Barstow Crew Change, 4456 Feet, 2.7 HP/Ton
    M-MODBAR Manifest to Barstow Yard, 4201 Feet, 2.7 HP/Ton
    X-RICCNB Empty Ethanol to Barstow Crew Change, 6218 Feet, 3.3 HP/Ton
    BNSF Bakersfield Yard Crew (may also run interchanges to SJVR Kern Jct and West)
    Current Wheeler https://www.box.com/s/l9q9kc8nyi77irc8jaq5

UP BAKERSFIELD
    MRVEP1 Manifest to Fleta Crew Change, 4565 Feet, 3.6 HP/Ton
    ZEUCC IM to Fleta Crew Change, 6049 Feet, 3 HP/Ton
    UP Edison Local *** WAITING FOR SWITCH LIST***
    MFRWC Manfiest to Fleta Crew Change, 5589 Feet, 2.4 HP/Ton
    IOASC IM to Barstow Crew Change, 6906 Feet, 2.8 HP/Ton
    MFRYR Manifest to Barstow Crew Change, 5735 Feet, 2.9 HP/Ton
    UP Bakersfield Yard Crew (may also run interchanges to BNSF)
    SJVR Bakersfield Yard Crew (may also run interchanges to SJVR Magunden and North)
    Current Wheeler https://www.box.com/s/woceyuekb9y4oby3kuon

UP MOJAVE
    UP Mojave Yard Crew (may also run interchanges to Lone Pine and Oak Creek)
    Current Wheeler https://www.box.com/s/0h450p3ygdbftd0ou7ob

UP FLETA
    ILBOA IM to UP Bakersfield Crew Change, 5483 Feet, 4.5 HP/Ton
    ZCCEU IM to UP Bakersfield Crew Change, 6342 Feet, 4.4 HP/Ton

US BORAX
    Borax Switcher (Run as user sees fit)

BNSF BARSTOW
    Q-CHIOIG IM to BNSF Bakersfield Crew Change, 6338 Feet, 3.3 HP/Ton
    I-GB10A-2 IM to UP Bakersfield Crew Change, 3206 Feet, 3.7 HP/Ton
    G-CNBRIC Ethanol to BNSF Bakersfield Crew Change, 6706 Feet, 2.4 HP/Ton
    L-CAL0611 Boron Local (Run as user sees fit)
    Z-PRIDNA IM to BNSF Bakersfield Crew Change, 5481 Feet, 3 HP/Ton
    G-BARSTO Grain to BNSF Bakersfield Crew Change, 3385 Feet, 3.1 HP/Ton
    Q-CHISTO3 IM to BNSF Bakersfield Crew Change, 6764 Feet, 3.5 HP/Ton
    M-BARRIC Manifest to BNSF Bakersfield Crew Change (May require a pickup at BAK), 4565 Feet, 2.9 HP/Ton
    QYMFR2 IM to UP Bakersfield Crew Change, 3060 Feet, 2.3 HP/Ton
    Z-WSPSTO IM to BNSF Bakersfield Crew Change, 5054 Feet, 3.2 HP/Ton
    MLVFR Manifest to UP Crew Change (May require a pickup at Bakersfield), 6352 Feet, 2.7 HP/Ton

BISSEL (MAINLINE RECREW)
    G-JSDKIN Grain to BNSF Bakersfield Crew Change, 7240 Feet, 2.5 HP/Ton

CUSTOM SPAWNS
    Custom spawns are permitted provided they don't interfere with system trains in yards, and are adequately powered below 8000 feet. Advance notice is required due to spawn location and session planning.

TRAINS NOT BEING CALLED BUT MAY BE READY LATER IN SESSION WHEN PREREQUISITE MET
    UP Mojave Tehachipi Turn (Yard work required at Mojave)
    BNSF Edison Turn (UP running turn first, power to be assigned)
    MBAKBAR (Waiting on more cars from UP interchange after their switching is complete)

TRAINS NOT EXPECTED TO RUN
    MBKWC Switching Required – Highly Unlikely
    MBKYR Switching Required – May run in 2nd Half if conditions are met
    MWCBK Switching Required – May run in 2nd Half if conditions are met
    MBARBAK Switching Required – May run in 2nd Half if conditions are met
    MYRBK Switching Required – May run in 2nd Half if conditions are met

Bid Process
    Reply to this message on Run8, Train-Sim, or RTS
    Please indicate initials, approximate start time, and length of time available for planning purposes.

Next planned session
    Planning on next session Friday the 29th.

Thanks

Sean

Session complete.

I've scheduled one for March 1st but I'm no longer posting details here as all responses has either been in the R8 forum or my website. For all the latest details check my website or R8 forum.

Thanks

Sean