Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MN New Haven Route

I have also downloaded the Metro North New Haven Route but I have encountered a small problem.

In Grand Central Terminal in the simulator, the dwarf signals aspects are red, but in the route editor, they are red and green (See attached photos). Which aspect is it supposed to be when running the simulator? If it's supposed to be red and green, did I do something wrong with the installation?

Also, whenever I run a passenger train on the route and I switch to the passenger interior view, I don't hear the usual interior sounds that you would hear in any other route.

train 2013-02-27 20-21-08-59.jpg train 2013-02-27 20-23-37-17.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrell W View Post
    I have also downloaded the Metro North New Haven Route but I have encountered a small problem.

In Grand Central Terminal in the simulator, the dwarf signals aspects are red, but in the route editor, they are red and green (See attached photos). Which aspect is it supposed to be when running the simulator? If it's supposed to be red and green, did I do something wrong with the installation?

Also, whenever I run a passenger train on the route and I switch to the passenger interior view, I don't hear the usual interior sounds that you would hear in any other route.

train 2013-02-27 20-21-08-59.jpg train 2013-02-27 20-23-37-17.jpg
    I dont know whats causing it, as long as the block is clearing, you are all good though.

The appearence of the signals in the Route Editor has always been that way depending on the way the signal scripts were written.

Here at an interlocking on the NECv4 about a mile soute of Philadelphia Station the signals are showing mixed aspects never seen in the Sim. Not a problem.

nec4signals (Medium).jpg

Re passenger car sounds: Rolling stock sounds are not a function of a route.
    Sound sliders, and global sound settings should be investigated
    Last edited by Vince; 03-01-2013 at 06:40 PM.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Where Standard Gauge is 3 feet between the rails.

The signals "work" in the RE to tell you if the links are set up correctly or not. If they're green, they're linked. If they're red, they're not.

There's no reason for them to work as signals in the RE.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Train-a-Mania View Post
    Bob, did you download both parts and extract the .z01 and .z02 files?
    Yes I did... I worked it out. On Window 7 everything upzipped fine. On my X machine (where my main MSTS) it would not allow me to pull the file at all from the zipped folder. Unzipped in 7 transferred to my XP machine installed there no problems

Plan to do an act pack for the route.

BP

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    The appearence of the signals in the Route Editor has always been that way depending on the way the signal scripts were written.

Here at an interlocking on the NECv4 about a mile soute of Philadelphia Station the signals are showing mixed aspects never seen in the Sim. Not a problem.

nec4signals (Medium).jpg

Re passenger car sounds: Rolling stock sounds are not a function of a route.
    Sound sliders, and global sound settings should be investigated
    Thank you for the explanation. As for the sound issue, I'll look at my sound folders.

Is there a way to extract the set-up if you only have an XP machine?

Quote Originally Posted by Shunter View Post
    Is there a way to extract the set-up if you only have an XP machine?
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...HOW-TO-INSTALL
    Regards,

Eric