Thread: Editing consists via .xml files

Default Editing consists via .xml files

Just wondering if anyone has had any success with this. I opened up one of the files and it looks pretty complex.

Is there any way to alter consists and their spawning location?
    Last edited by TrainMan_112; 02-26-2013 at 03:59 PM.

You can edit any of the XML files and replace the names with similar names of the same size. For example a box car that is the same size, or an engine can be modified.

In theory you can also move an entire train to another track but you need to ensure the node locations are the same in order to do it. Rather complex when you consider all yard tracks on most places will contain at least more than 1 track segment of different lengths. Apparently this is something that is going to be addressed in the not too distant future in the core Run8 program.

The files themselves are not complicated. The RTS Beta program takes all of this data and uses it to generate switch lists. Fairly powerful, and I'm not aware of any other utility out there that does it. Something I'm afraid most people haven't shown much interest in, considering other are switching in their sessions. I guess they like doing things the hard way

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    You can edit any of the XML files and replace the names with similar names of the same size. For example a box car that is the same size, or an engine can be modified.

In theory you can also move an entire train to another track but you need to ensure the node locations are the same in order to do it. Rather complex when you consider all yard tracks on most places will contain at least more than 1 track segment of different lengths. Apparently this is something that is going to be addressed in the not too distant future in the core Run8 program.

The files themselves are not complicated. The RTS Beta program takes all of this data and uses it to generate switch lists. Fairly powerful, and I'm not aware of any other utility out there that does it. Something I'm afraid most people haven't shown much interest in, considering other are switching in their sessions. I guess they like doing things the hard way

Thanks

Sean
    i don't think it is as much of lack of interest as i like the concept but honestly i have no clue how to set it up, but i do like the concept
    but im watching the videos now

There is a readme in the zip file. If you have any questions let me know.

Thanks

Sean