Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MONON-2 V15 texture issue

Question MONON-2 V15 texture issue

I recently downloaded and installed the MONON-2 route, Ver 15 (only available via the homepage http://mononrr.com/), and only once tried loading it in explore mode, starting at Monon - I didnīt load it again, as clicking through all the texture-error messages wouldīve needed 5 min:
    I donīt know which textures else are missing, but there are like hundreds of messages "couldnīt find texture monon-2_xxxx", with xxxx being any number higher than 4999 (the highest number of the monon-2_xxxx.ace in the terrtex folder)
    Anybody got a solution (RouteRiter is no option, doesnīt work on my lappy)?

PS: stil wonīt work after three reinstalls of the route - always done as told to in the readme files...

Sounds like you are missing some installation files....another possibility is that your security settings aren't allowing the installer to write files to the appropriate folders. Since you didn't provide any background info as to OS, Bin installed, etc...these are only guesses. as for RouteRiter not working, you probably don't have the required Net. framework and required Java files installed...For a route of this magnitude, Route Riter is a must-have..The only thing you can do is go back to the route's download page, read ALL of the documentation there, and make sure you have downloaded ALL the required files. I have this route installed on 2 computers, and have no problems with missing files or running issues..You must have a stout computer to run this route!
    http://mononrr.com/downloads/route/m...e-download.htm
    Last edited by frankoburns; 03-05-2013 at 02:33 PM.

sorry, as i thought this might be some issue related to the installers, I didnīt take in account this possibility..

OS info: (from dxdiag.exe)

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130104-1431)
    Language: German (Regional Setting: German)
    System Manufacturer: Sony Corporation
    System Model: VPCEB1S1E
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/23/09 11:58:43 Ver: 08.00.10
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 3950MB RAM
    Page File: 2883MB used, 5014MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

already dld all files, installed properly as described in the install section;

the problem with route riter was, it didnīt "like" my java installation, although it having been the latest then-available version... was quite some trouble ater installing that util - system crshes sent to me from heaven (or hell), non-working reboots and system updates etc.

I actually quite often have experienced problems with installing programms or what so ever not having some "standard" requirements, i.e. without java and frameworks stuff..

HOW/Where did you install MSTS? If the answers are not "by using the Tutorial on Stream4Me for Win7" and installed anywhere but the default folder, then go to Steam4Me and follow the Tutorial and reinstall MSTS.
    Charles

Far as I know, you need to download all of the Monon files and install version 12 first which gets you the complete route. Then you install 13, 14 and 15 which give you the facility to switch between different eras for the route.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

@ baldwin: yeah, did so... three times, but still wonīt behave well

@ crstagain: So C:\Program Files (x86)\MSTS\Train Simulator can cause problems? I really had problems with MSTS installed to the default location, but never had any more since I installed it to this location some three years ago...

well, now i got RR to work, although again with it complaining about my java runtime environment...
    The route check, however, seemed to have run ok, so I assume, the report "No errors found..." is correct, and now am completely perplexed.
    Anybody got an idea what else I could try, other than writing down the number of every single missing texture and manually create duplicates of other textures with different filenames?

Route Riter needs to be installed somewhere other than "Program Files (x86)", just like MSTS because it modifies files in its own directory and others. It should also be set up to "Run as Administrator" at all times to avoid Win7 headaches.

If you keep Java updated, you probably have Java 7, which kicked out Java 6. You'll have to follow the instructions included with Route Riter on how to copy the files needed for TSUtils to work again.

Java 7's security settings are more restrictive than before. Although it shouldn't be necessary, you can try going to the Java control panel and move the "Security" slider down one step from "High" to "Medium."

MSTS-Roundhouse

With Open Rails and ZDSimulator
    Info

I have just installed the base version 12 again. The files you seem to be missing are in MONON-2 Version 12-P4-t2.exe or MONON-2 Version 12-P5-t3.exe. Without adding anything else my folder size is 6.25GB with 61,811 files in 41 folders.

If RR is complaining about java I suspect that the route check with no errors is not correct.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Ok, first of all, thanks for the fast replies, guys!

Secondly, after moving RR to C:\MSTS\Route_Riter, same as before: "No errors found...", miles of error warnings ".ace not found"... :/
    Will try and correct that Java-bug, but not today, as iīm in a bit of a hurry.

@ baldwin: thatīs intresting: i have all the files you wrote, i might be missing, downloaded from http:\\mononrr.com, and when installing the monon-2, i executed them all...
    Now, my MONON-2 folder (latest version, but with missing files) measures 6.539.116.104 bytes (6.661.398.528 on HDD) anbd contains 59.063 in 83 folders - looks kinda odd to me, comparing with your figures :/

I also donīt give much on those route checks, especially as once RR had messed my MSTS installation totally up..

Will tell you what I figured out after fixing Java and probably doing a new install of the route outside x86 (wonīt do that with MSTS as long as not necessary, as moving 60 GB of add-ons to an external HDD and back takes quite some time).