Thread: Can't get 'er to take on fuel .....

Default Can't get 'er to take on fuel .....

So I just installed Run-8 today, and I have to say, since I have run GEVO's on the GE test track for over 250 hours, it is very realistic. Even down to the breakers you have to throw to get it started (although we never turned off all four at the end of a run). We just turned off one and hid the reverser handle. Everybody carried an extra just in case.
    I'm having a problem though, and my clearance to post on the Run-8 forum hasn't come in yet, so I'm asking the question here. My first couple of trial runs went OK but the last three, just after manually starting the lead loco, I get a message saying that one unit has run out of fuel. My lead loco shows no fuel in the loco monitor page on the MFD. I tried dismounting, backing up far enough to "select" the unit, pressed CTRL F, but fuel situation does not improve. I know it's meant to be a realistic simulation, but surely I don't have to hold those keys down for 10 minutes to pump fuel, do I? It used to take so long to fill the tanks in Bldg 26 that we walked away and did other things while the pumps squirted fuel in at 300 gpm.

GEtrack

Actually I believe it's CTRL-R and the fueling will take place instantly.

Thanks

Sean

Ahhh, thanks a million. The sheet I printed from the documentation had it wrong.

No problem. Never noticed but I'm sure they have by now. I know I had to ask once when I was in a session.

Thanks

Sean