Thread: editing existing route

Default editing existing route

Hi,
    I have been running the Canton Route in Open Rails and have come across some misplaced trees. Open Rails has positioned them in the middle of the track. I can drive through them with no trouble but would like to shift them, or just delete them. I have spent some time on the Route tutorial in "Articles" and have got the basics but the trees I want to move will not go red when I click on them although some trees and bushes and buildings show up red already. I would appreciate it if someone could point out where I am going wrong. I have missed something somewhere!
    Regards Stu

Ia ora na.
    Those trees are likely parts of Forest objects; a Forest is a kind of rectangle: you can choose its length, width, orientation, the tree to be used, and the density; after that, MSTS places them itself randomly in the rectangle.
    But it seems that OpenRails uses a different way to place the trees inside; thus a Forest may be good in MSTS (all trees are outside the tracks) and strange in OpenRails. You can edit the route in Route Editor to move the Forest bounds out of the track.
    Good luck and good travels with MSTS.

Thankyou for your assistance xylonakau, much appreciated. I will have to investigate how to accomplish that.
    Regards Stu

you might ask the question on the Open Rails forms. Changes may need to be made in how OR renders forest objects to match MSTS.
    Regards,

Eric

Hi,
    I will do that Eric.

Regards Stu