Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Policing & Heavy Censorship Within Run8 Forums

Default Secret Policing & Heavy Censorship Within Run8 Forums

Hellow All Would Be Run8 Simmers,
    I'm sending this as an eye opener to those that may not be aware of Heavy Policing & Censorship within Run8America
    First off I'd like to suggest America be removed from their logo Run8, as Censorship in any way, shape, or form, has no place, nor represents the America I've come to know & love living 80years worth. Policing & Censorship thats being shown within Run8 Forums has no place in the world, let alone America. Anyways since I'm being blocked / band from within this morning, I have no recourse but to get my message out by any means deemed possible outside of their heavily policed forums. Enjoy this morning read.
    Just be aware all started as I'd posted heart felt apologies to another member, & was quikly warned banned for having done so
    I'm unable to send copies of my first couple posts as they have already been removed from forums very quickly I might add by those that oversee that dept. I'm sending the very latest copy as I smartened up & copied outside of policed forums for safe keeping. I have removed the fellas name I was making my apologies to so as not to belittle their charactor in any way, shape, or form.

"This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=7&p=16829#p16829 .

Hey Scott, please keep the drama off the forum. If you want to say something to one of the other members just use the private message feature. Thank you

Hello Mr. MojoveHerder,
    Not sure what post(s) was/were found to be unbefitting of Run8America / Run8America Forums & seen as drama as you've kindly stated for the link you've sent privately states doesn't exist. I indeed however sent two heart felt public apologies towards member (Xxxxxx) as of late, as was the only means I knew/could think of quickly since he'd taken off in one of the public MP sessions in a bad mood before I could get them out.
    If indeed it was this/these public apologies within your forums (no way to know which post(s) (past or present) if any, for that matter, (as the link you've sent states doesn't exist) that was seen as drama I indeed am so sorry you found 1 or more posts (past or present) to be drama not befitting of Run8America / Run8America Forums. For that once again I'm sorry.
    Whiles I whole heartedly endorse Run8America in all its glory, looks as of this Board Warning only in private, please remove any, all, references there of, posts, replies, snapshots, maps, found within your public/closed forums whatever the case may be, as I don't believe to be of Run8America / Run8America Forums high standards, thus publicly/privately in no way should be seen & or enjoy or the possibility of enjoyment, or the possibility seen as drama, &, or, otherwise; to any capacity one may be capable of. Any post(s), connection(s), &, or, mental connection(s) to myself should be removed as any one of my contributes could perhaps be seen indeed as drama by some in the ranks/masses along with the possibility of connection / endorsement of Run8America / Run8America Forums one may be capable of, outside of my control, & or monetary support.
    I would (with your blessings) however like to remain part of the Run8America community if only in a limited capacity in regards to DLC, Updates to the program as they come along.
    Thank You Kindly in this delicate matter.
    Scott(SMRY) Vermonter (Run8America Forums)"

Very sorry to hear about this Scott. FYI I had a similar incident in the CAHSH session last week and sent my apology to the involved person by private message. As long as the forum maintains this process of communication, it's probably best to keep personal messages to the PM function. Though I did make an oblique reference to the incident in a public forum post the next day, I didn't use the forum to apologize or direct a message to one particular individual.

I too have sent out an apology to my members this morning as I got a little angry about it and perhaps was a bit out of line. As much as I've had the pleasure of running with Scott and we communicate quite often to this day, I simply was not there.

Personally I think public apologies are more sincere. Also if this was done in a session (I've been told many were on at the time) then provided the conversation is civil working out differences where those who were there can act as mediators is often more beneficial. Since it was a public apology I don't see the harm in it.

As for drama, I've been accused of that many times over, and I'm a custom to seeing my posts disappear. Again it's not my business. But if you want a similar stance take a look at what Euro Simulator 2012 does with their forum. From what I understand it has a small team (though it looks like it's been around a bit longer in development and versions). They get knocked on constantly by many and it hasn't done anything to prevent me from buying it a few months back.

The point I make in all of this drama is that when the majority feel the sky is sunny, and life is good with 1 source of info and 1 server it's quite difficult to object to it. Not everyone believes the sky is sunny, and unfortunately debating about it here reaches far less. I've been trying to get people together to form a different choice not to bring down a popular server, but to enhance those struggling to host that want something different.

That is why last night I found it very opportunistic to mention what happened to my members while I still have my website (which is currently not visible due to over bandwidth as I've moved it to free service - I am trying to delete it but can't).

Trying to discuss or debate ideas on a forum is a very important tool to help a community grow. It's a shame it's not encouraged more. Yes someone got their feelings hurt it's happened to me as well. But I find it kind of ironic that some may say people are getting their feelings hurt off of the forum in certain situations, that I take it the censorship is to try and prevent feelings from getting hurt in the first place. I think it's unhealthy and winds up leading to even more feelings hurt, and is a blow back to the community who supports a fine program.

Thanks

Sean

I believe they do go overboard quite a bit with regards to policing. That's fine though; I don't believe Run 8 will be around much longer.

Stuff like this really gets on my nerves. I've ran with you before Scott (I have a different username over at Run 8), and it's disconcerting to see one of their most loyal fans be put down and reprimanded over something so trivial. It seems that these idiots are forgetting who writes their paycheques.

At any rate, I've had my $40 worth of fun with the program, and I couldn't care less where it goes from here.

It's disappointing to see it continuing, as it's what helped turned me away from the product early on.

Venting (or apologizing) here at TS.Com shouldn't be a problem. And for the record, I specifically asked *not* to moderate this part of the forums, so there'd be no reason to suspect any reverse censorship....

Well Thank You all for a show of support, helping hand, & the ability to vent/ apologize, whichever the case may be.
    I would like to ask to refrain from name calling or labels. We can have a voice without, hell were all human,some more greedy then others..lol.. I wanted to say I believe or hopefully believe the party I was trying to get through to has indeed recieved my heart felt apologies via other means. Honestly the mistake I had made & the insuing ruffled feathers believe on my part was rectified by myself during the same MP session simply by undoing what I had done while the party was away in disgust. However the policing/censorship shown via forums is in no way befitting of the"America" nor the world for that matter being attached to Run8 image. It has been explained / brought to my attn. during the day members of the R8 team have taken the role of heavy policing/censorship in an effort to avoid any negative feed back on ones product. A product shouldn't be produced & release to the paying public should one fear negative, but, constructive feedback from time to time. Should look at them as a means to grow a fine tuned product. If all else fails close-up shop. Surely my public apology had nothing to do with product image, &, surely may have been other areas within their prescious forums for me to get that apology out, but, at the time, didn't come to my old noggin. It was just that a heart felt apology & a quick one on my part, in an effort to rectify, nothing more.. At this point I still stand strong by my suggestion "America" be removed from Run8 image, logo anything else they've a mind to attach "America" to, for the policing/censorship of its own forums is hurting product image & not the "America" I've come to know & love...Thank You Kindly

I've sent a reply here in the last hr or 2 not sure if going to make it through due to perhaps policing/censorship here as well, I say that as it doesn't seem to be posting like this morning had.using this quick post as a test

another attempt at posting this latest

Well Thank You all for a show of support, helping hand, & the ability to vent/ apologize, whichever the case may be.
    I would like to ask to refrain from name calling or labels. We can have a voice without, hell were all human,some more greedy then others..lol.. I wanted to say I believe or hopefully believe the party I was trying to get through to has indeed recieved my heart felt apologies via other means. Honestly the mistake I had made & the insuing ruffled feathers believe on my part was rectified by myself during the same MP session simply by undoing what I had done while the party was away in disgust. However the policing/censorship shown via forums is in no way befitting of the"America" nor the world for that matter being attached to Run8 image. It has been explained / brought to my attn. during the day members of the R8 team have taken the role of heavy policing/censorship in an effort to avoid any negative feed back on ones product. A product shouldn't be produced & release to the paying public should one fear negative, but, constructive feedback from time to time. Should look at them as a means to grow a fine tuned product. If all else fails close-up shop. Surely my public apology had nothing to do with product image, &, surely may have been other areas within their prescious forums for me to get that apology out, but, at the time, didn't come to my old noggin. It was just that a heart felt apology & a quick one on my part, in an effort to rectify, nothing more.. At this point I still stand strong by my suggestion "America" be removed from Run8 image, logo anything else they've a mind to attach "America" to, for the policing/censorship of its own forums is hurting product image & not the "America" I've come to know & love...Thank You Kindly

well that quick test went thru fine while my original reply being held up so I have to assume also being censored here as well.

No, for new users, all posts require approval. We don't edit or censor them unless they cross the lines of forum policy.

We get a lot of spammers, which is why new users are restricted initially. As your post count increases, you'll be off moderation.