Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet ANOTHER IP Ban

Default Yet ANOTHER IP Ban

So apparently I was IP banned yesterday, likely for my posts here (there was no reason given for the ban). Ironically, I had a perfectly clean slate at Run 8 America, and somebody with very hurt feelings went as far as to hunt down my account at Run 8 and issue an IP ban. I emailed Brad about 24 hours ago and have recieved no response. In all fairness to Brad, it is the weekend, but with the release of an update and DLC yesterday, I find it hard to believe he is not manning customer support.

In retrospect, the things I have said about the Run 8 team (specifically Brad) may have been slightly harsh, but in no way deserving of a permanent ban without any warning whatsoever. Keep in mind the remarks made by me were at TS.com, and not Run 8. It seems as if NO place is safe to speak freely.

If I recieve no reply within the next few days, I will be initiating a chargeback with Visa as I have been denied access to support for a program which I have PAID for.

Stay away from Run 8!
    Last edited by TrainMan_112; 03-10-2013 at 03:15 PM.

I was afraid of that very thing Trainman_112, No forums member found posting outside their own forums would be safe from being deleted/banned should an individual have something to say good/bad/or, indifference. I'm also very sure any purchaser of Run8 product will recieve no support should they anounce something to the world esp. if it doesn't go along with their views, whether they decide to skip their in-house forums membership. I'm also very sorry to say Trainman, you screwed yourself by making a reply here to my earlier posts,. Don't be fooled, it was surely Bxxd that cut you from the ranks without due process. No doubt in my mind. I too may look into my local bank, mastercard, legal dept. for support, grounds being denied product expansion/support, though that remains to be seen on my part.

No worries Scott, it is what it is.

This is what I found after going to Run 8 yesterday:

No reason given for the ban at all.

Anyways I'd like to partially redact what I said prior; the rest of the Run 8 team seem like good people, and I'm sorry to see their hard work go by the wayside due to Brad's asinine decisions.

Scott, I highly encourage you (others as well) to talk to your bank about a chargeback if you feel cheated.

Again, to anyone following this forum, Stay away from Brad and Run 8!
    Last edited by TrainMan_112; 03-10-2013 at 04:11 PM.

yes that's the standard lockout. I too got one, & surely others past & present. Whiles it appears Forums & the Secret Police Dept are manned souly by the Police Chief Bxxd, all the members of the board are just as much a part of "The Green Mile", for they too allow it to continue without recourse, demotion of Police Chief, &, or, sending him to "Briar Ridge Mental Hospital " with Percy....lol...I enjoyed typing that...

Quote Originally Posted by scottmartin View Post
    I was afraid of that very thing Trainman_112, No forums member found posting outside their own forums would be safe from being deleted/banned should an individual have something to say good/bad/or, indifference. I'm also very sure any purchaser of Run8 product will recieve no support should they anounce something to the world esp. if it doesn't go along with their views, whether they decide to skip their in-house forums membership. I'm also very sorry to say Trainman, you screwed yourself by making a reply here to my earlier posts,. Don't be fooled, it was surely Bxxd that cut you from the ranks without due process. No doubt in my mind. I too may look into my local bank, mastercard, legal dept. for support, grounds being denied product expansion/support, though that remains to be seen on my part.
    Trainman:

This is nothing new with them, and I too was banned. I asked Brad if he was being "snarky" and that was it.

They probably shouldn't have a forum if every post is going to be policed. As I was told by others on this forum - and they're 110% correct - it's a private forum and we must abide by the forum rules.

However, such treatment of the customers isn't going to help their product be a success in the market. If I were the a partner in the venture, I'd certainly tell Brad to "chill-out."

Robert

well TrainSim.com Forums is also a private area...What looks to be different here, they have "common sense", &, allow both side of the fence to have a say whiles respect being maintained...Run8 would do well to follow the foot steps as TrainSim.com has been here a long time & works rather well for all reguardless of which RR sim/game of choice..Oh I'm sure anyone thats ever been shutout here at TrainSim.com will contest that, but, I venture to say perhaps due to repeated foul language, threats, gross lack of respect if you will.
    Having a say good/bad, or indiff, should be no grounds for lockdown otherwise.

Glad I read this post. I've been thinking of getting Run8, but after reading all the negativity of the customer support, I have decided to consider NOT investing in Run8.

Brad, if you read this, you unfortunately, due to your actions, lost a potential customer for Run8 and a $40.00. I say this not in a demeaning, "ha-ha" sort of way, but in a way saying you should change your business model and your attitude.
    Southern Pacific Transportation Company

Quote Originally Posted by nat View Post
    Glad I read this post. I've been thinking of getting Run8, but after reading all the negativity of the customer support, I have decided to consider NOT investing in Run8.
    Good call. Personally, while I will do whatever I can to get my $40 refunded, he has lost possibly hundreds in DLC over the coming years, and that's only from me.

If Brad has his wittle feelings hurt and wants to ban me from his forum (even though I was in 100% compliance at R8A), that is fine by me. What's NOT fine by me is having my access to support as a paying customer denied. Short of uttering threats and/or racial slurs, I'm pretty sure I can say whatever I please about him.

To the mods, please leave this thread open in the (unlikely) event that Brad decides to share his side of the story. He his entitled to it.
    Last edited by TrainMan_112; 03-10-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Just an update,

It seems that I'm being ignored by the 3DTS customer service. Can anyone who is a current member of Run 8 America tell me if Brad has been on the forums in the last few days? Just wondering if he may be away.

Feel free to PM me if you don't want a bullseye painted on your back.

You might want to read the forum rules here at TrainSim sir.

FIRST THINGS FIRST, FREEDOM OF SPEECH DOES NOT EXIST HERE!
    THESE FORUMS ARE PRIVATELY OWNED AND OPERATED.

In some cases, the owner of this site may be accountable. Thus, we will be conservative in our enforcement of these rules as required.

(A) - Users shall not post or transmit material through these forums that:

•violates or infringes the rights of another (such as the unauthorized posting of trademarks, copyrighted material, and the like);

•advocates software piracy (such as methods of obtaining software without paying for it, offering or accepting software in an illegal manner);
    •threatens, abusives, defames, or otherwise attacks another (such as through sociological, geographical, political, financial, or religious attacks);

You sir are in direct violation of forum rules here.
    Last edited by BNSF1959; 03-12-2013 at 01:17 AM.
    Work Safe play hard