Thread: I got some questions...

Default I got some questions...

1. What are the controls for Run8? Do I need to use a keyboard? Or can I just use a mouse?

2. Does Run8 have a windowed mode?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by WHRM3 View Post
    1. What are the controls for Run8? Do I need to use a keyboard? Or can I just use a mouse?

2. Does Run8 have a windowed mode?

Thanks.
    1. http://www.run8studios.com/manual/run8_key_chart.shtml
    You can use a keyboard and mouse combination, or use a RailDriver (preferred)

2. Yes.
    Last edited by James Collins; 03-22-2013 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Details

Quote Originally Posted by James Collins View Post
    1. http://www.run8studios.com/manual/run8_key_chart.shtml
    You can use a keyboard and mouse combination, or use a RailDriver (preferred)

2. Yes.
    Thanks. I can't use a real keyboard, but since it can be ran in a window I'll just use the Windows OSK.

Just so you know if you are using it in a window and trying to set signals and switches in the F3 Dispatch Display, you may have difficulties. If you can get it back into full screen mode F4 you will have no problem. The issue is that where you click on switches and signals does not match up and normally requires you to click below a switch or signal.

I'm not familiar with OSK and how you go in and out of it without a keyboard. The program starts in full screen and can use mouse only to at least get it into the simulator. Once there you can toggle F4 to go in and out of full screen mode. Some options like SHIFT F1 will automatically move it out of full screen mode as well.

Thanks

Sean

Hello.
    For some reason when starting solo run after quick start-up, my keyboard keystroke do not engage some of follow-up start-up procedure.
    Exemple, I can enable lead( forward loco), but can,t enable short hood light, at times I can, at times I can,t. Can enable DPU, but can,t attach EOT (means, by clicking on option, get no response). Today I can,t even get back in cab of leading loco, by way of ctrl+F11.
    I have been running Run8 for 4 month without above mention problems, if any member can help...Thank You.

Jack.