Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New update and rolling stock

Default New update and rolling stock

For those without forum access, you will want to know that a new program update dated 3-21 is now available, along with payware packs for autoracks ($6) and trailers on flat cars ($8) for various road names. Go to run8studios.com for the new update and payware.

Quote Originally Posted by flarrfan2 View Post
    .....a new program update dated 3-21 is now available, .....
    Thank you, sir.

Bruce
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Thank You Kent for the heads-up
    Myself am having an issue with latest install of 03.21
    LeftShift+F1 killing the sim
    Also not being able to place rollingstock via Ctrl+F1...message reads: "No Nodes Found"
    Rolling back to version 11.17.12 seems to get me back in operation with every key combo working as they should once again
    Again Thank You for the latest update info.

Ill be making a video for the consist editor soon, it takes a lot of practice to get it to work
    if CTRL-F1 is giving issues try re-installing it may have been a bad install

I've tried several fresh downloads & reinstall of 3.21 everything seems to be fine with the exception of
    LeftShift+F1 killing the sim
    whiles Ctrl+F1 does bring up the panel for placing rollingstock
    following the instructions placing the camera at ground level (F12)
    at a trk of choice & direction wishing to face Click Place Train doesn't seem to do anything. the instructions do give a warning may not work
    which I can live with. Shift+F1 is so much more important to the sim.

looks like I indeed found my issue with Shift+F1 not working
    l manually put the following line <kidneyBustingCabMotion>true</kidneyBustingCabMotion>
    in the Run8Settings.xml & now Shift+F1, v3.21 off & running
    next project is to see what I may be missing for steps when it comes to using the new Car Spawner (Ctrl+F1)

Glad you found it. Just sent you an email reply BTW.

Just for others try facing the opposite direction. I think the error comes up possibly due to the direction your are facing as well as the train possibly crossing over into track it can't assign or something. At least that is my best guess. Seems to work fine and I will be using this in future RTS activity as I have some plans possibly to finally get the Barstow Hump Yard operational (of course there is no working hump but being able to spawn cars on the fly is going to be a huge advantage in what is already very good for operations).

The big thing now is the trains like BARBAK WCBK YRBK will now be made from scratch each and every time. This should speed up operations in both Mojave and Bakersfield as the Fresno set off is going to be a thing of the past.

By the way back on topic for a moment the PAYWARE AUTORACK cars look awesome. Not sure if it's a change in front lighting or just the way they shine but I really like them in the night. I decided to opt out of purchasing the pigs and I believe the freeware replacements look very nice as well.

Thanks

Sean

Thank You for the heads-up & email there Sean.
    Just for the hell I tried placing a loose car inside Mojave Yd in the middle of a long strait pc of trk using Ctrl+F1 & following directions given in the panel, still no spawn I chose the AOK boxcar I've also tried turning the camera 180 degrees with same results "No Node Found" & no car spawns. I tried placing the box car in the right panel & then hitting place train with same results no show...I've both placed my cam at ground level (F12) & placing both between the rails & just outside rails still no loose car. open to other ideas...least the main sim is back in working order....I don't know if others had run into the same issue I had with shift+F1 crashing game, for a test I redownloaded 3.21 reinstalled & got same result crashing soon as I placed my repaired xml. shift+F1 goes back to working fine...perhaps a glitch from the main site for some..may be food for thought should others hit temp snag....it looks like the Kidney Buster line gets chopped up into several pieces throughout the xml where the sim can't find it once rearranged & placed back in the file structure got me back in working order.

Quote Originally Posted by scottmartin View Post
    looks like I indeed found my issue with Shift+F1 not working
    l manually put the following line <kidneyBustingCabMotion>true</kidneyBustingCabMotion>
    in the Run8Settings.xml & now Shift+F1, v3.21 off & running
    next project is to see what I may be missing for steps when it comes to using the new Car Spawner (Ctrl+F1)

Scott where did you get the idea its a Car Spawner with CTRL+F1.What CTRL F1 is is an early version of and train builder.
    Work Safe play hard

Hellow Dale
    Isn't this latest tool Ctrl+F1 for the purpose of placing/spawning both loose cars & trains within the sim?
    lest I be missing an important step in its use. Whatever its use not working at this end...